Starting from the top, what are your true feelings about Bidwill, Keim, Kingsbury, and Kyler?

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Who would you have selected in 2019 instead of KK? It's all in the search history if you forgot.

That Zac Taylor guy turned out alright

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Feelings? WE'RE TALKING ABOUT FEELINGS!?!

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Keim is terrible, Kliff is in over his head as a HC and Murray probably needs a better HC who brings a stronger culture to the party. I still feel like he could be pretty outstanding in a more professional environment.

Complaining about Bidwill jr seems weird considering the Cards history when Dad was in charge. The comments about Bidwill jr being too loyal seem accurate though.

JMO, except for Keim who is terrible.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Bidwill - some excellent thoughts on here. Key thing to note is while he was a federal prosecutor he never really had to do anything that requires managing people or building/maintaining an organization. So while the brains might be there he has minimal charisma and tact. Nice guy but very socially awkward and tough to deal with in business. Never hearing no in one’s whole life and having a social tick which prevents healthy relationships with other humans is why he needs Keim or someone like him and speaking of…

Keim - a total zero in basically every aspect of being a GM except being the “fun” guy buying lap dances at league functions. That allows Keim to have some good relationships around the league, with agents, and in the media that help accommodate a trade or FA signing here and there. But when it comes to putting in the needed grind in order to scout and build a roster he’s just too lazy and has too many personal issues to ever succeed. His arrogance only makes it worse. That being said he handles the stuff around Hardy that Bidwill is too socially awkward and weird to handle like hiring and firing. Dude even cans admin people for Mikey. Like I said when Keim inevitably gets fired or demoted it won’t be Bidwill that does it. MB will send Keim’s replacement over to tell him.

Kliff - never should’ve been hired. Doesn’t have the work ethic or talent to succeed in the Big 12 let alone NFL. He’s happy to be here though since he knows his career accomplishments don’t warrant anything close to an NFL head coaching gig. He’ll be the fall guy is my guess

Kyler - very tough personality to deal with. The laziness/video game thing is way exaggerated, kid really does work harder than most of the other guys in the building but his mercurial personality just rubs most the wrong way so it’s not recognized. He certainly needs the right coach which of course Kliff isn’t.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Bidwill - some excellent thoughts on here. Key thing to note is while he was a federal prosecutor he never really had to do anything that requires managing people or building/maintaining an organization. So while the brains might be there he has minimal charisma and tact. Nice guy but very socially awkward and tough to deal with in business. Never hearing no in one’s whole life and having a social tick which prevents healthy relationships with other humans is why he needs Keim or someone like him and speaking of…

Keim - a total zero in basically every aspect of being a GM except being the “fun” guy buying lap dances at league functions. That allows Keim to have some good relationships around the league, with agents, and in the media that help accommodate a trade or FA signing here and there. But when it comes to putting in the needed grind in order to scout and build a roster he’s just too lazy and has too many personal issues to ever succeed. His arrogance only makes it worse. That being said he handles the stuff around Hardy that Bidwill is too socially awkward and weird to handle like hiring and firing. Dude even cans admin people for Mikey. Like I said when Keim inevitably gets fired or demoted it won’t be Bidwill that does it. MB will send Keim’s replacement over to tell him.

Kliff - never should’ve been hired. Doesn’t have the work ethic or talent to succeed in the Big 12 let alone NFL. He’s happy to be here though since he knows his career accomplishments don’t warrant anything close to an NFL head coaching gig. He’ll be the fall guy is my guess

Kyler - very tough personality to deal with. The laziness/video game thing is way exaggerated, kid really does work harder than most of the other guys in the building but his mercurial personality just rubs most the wrong way so it’s not recognized. He certainly needs the right coach which of course Kliff isn’t.
Based on the circles you seems to run in, you prolly don’t need it — but if I see you in the wild I’ll be happy to buy you a beer.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Bidwill - Sell team to new big money Suns owner (fingers crossed Jeff Bezos).
Keim - Doesn't belong in NFL front office, won't get another GM job if ever gets fired in ARZ.
Kliff - Future HS or desperate university coach (see ASU).

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Just to put the bidwills in perspective a bit, I’m reading a book titled The League. It’s about how Halas, Mara, Rooney, bell, and I’m forgetting the fifth guy essentially put the nfl on their backs and made it a success. Alongside all these guys was Charles bidwill. Apparently he had the most money of all of them starting off, but he only gets mentioned sporadically and essentially for being a doofus who Halas walks all over. At one point the book mentions that bidwill eschewed traveling to watch his cardinals play, instead remaining in Chicago to go watch the bears. That’s the legacy of this teams ownership.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Just to put the bidwills in perspective a bit, I’m reading a book titled The League. It’s about how Halas, Mara, Rooney, bell, and I’m forgetting the fifth guy essentially put the nfl on their backs and made it a success. Alongside all these guys was Charles bidwill. Apparently he had the most money of all of them starting off, but he only gets mentioned sporadically and essentially for being a doofus who Halas walks all over. At one point the book mentions that bidwill eschewed traveling to watch his cardinals play, instead remaining in Chicago to go watch the bears. That’s the legacy of this teams ownership.
On a parallel note I read Big Game by Mark Leibovich not long ago, which is about the personalities that run todays NFL.

Michael was mentioned once in passing and his name was misspelled.

Dynomite

Veteran
Reaction score
The first three I think should all go.
Kyler I think needs a new coach. I think he has 0 respect for Kliff and its obvious. I know they were winning a lot more at OU but Kyler seemed to show more respect to Lincoln. We all know people who dont seem to work hard for inept managers and I unfortunately think thats how kyler is. I would like to see a coach who is a little more hard ass toward kyler. But if the play calling is not great kyler seems to think its all on him.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
The first three I think should all go.
Kyler I think needs a new coach. I think he has 0 respect for Kliff and its obvious. I know they were winning a lot more at OU but Kyler seemed to show more respect to Lincoln. We all know people who dont seem to work hard for inept managers and I unfortunately think thats how kyler is. I would like to see a coach who is a little more hard ass toward kyler. But if the play calling is not great kyler seems to think its all on him.
KK is not good. This is pretty much a well-established fact by now. That said, IDGAF if KM doesn't respect him or work hard for him; he should be working hard for himself and his teammates.

Not going after you with this post, Dynomite, as I know that wasn't the gist of what you were saying. It just came to mind that, while you're right, I doubt if KM does have the proper mindset here.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
the list of moves I think Mike B influenced / pushed Keim to make:

1. Signing Terrell Suggs in what was clearly a rebuilding year. "Fixes" the draft mistake.
2. Giving Devon Kennard a $20mm-ish contract. His dad was a very good Cardinal lineman.
3. Signing JJ Watt. Star power that attracts attention beyond on-field production.

pure speculation on my part --

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave