Started the game with FIVE negative plays on 1st Down

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
That has to be some kind of record.

And further proof that it is the QB - it's the play calling.
QB #1, play calling #2, and, of course, injuries as well. When your QB plays sucky, it doesn't matter what plays are called, and KM has sucked out loud this season. That said, great or even good play calling can limit how bad your QB is, or play to his strengths, and we aren't getting that level of play calling. It stinks, too.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
i posted in the game thread that Kliff totally overthought things

as good at the Rams game plan was, this one was one of the worst. Just burning downs needlessly

OP
OP
Dback Jon

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
QB #1, play calling #2, and, of course, injuries as well. When your QB plays sucky, it doesn't matter what plays are called, and KM has sucked out loud this season. That said, great or even good play calling can limit how bad your QB is, or play to his strengths, and we aren't getting that level of play calling. It stinks, too.
KM didn't play last night, so Colt is sucky?

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
That has to be some kind of record.

And further proof that it isn't the QB - it's the play calling.
You just don't get it do you? You continue to allow Kliffy's brilliance to fly right over your head. It's all part of the plan! It's new-age, cutting edge play-calling and offensive scheming. If the players would only "execute better..." :D

OP
OP
Dback Jon

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No, you said it was further proof, blanket statement. Sounded like absolving KM overall. Not applicable if you were only referencing this game.

Kyler has regressed. We saw Colt regress as the game went on.

But was referring to this game only. I guarantee that if Kyler was QBing, and the same thing happened, all the blame would go on Kyler.

OP
OP
Dback Jon

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You just don't get it do you? You continue to allow Kliffy's brilliance to fly right over your head. It's all part of the plan! It's new-age, cutting edge play-calling and offensive scheming. If the players would only "execute better..." :D
Man, that is next level 18D chess, complete with the deer in headlights look.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lmfao clown football strategy awful gm no motivation desire pride for the state of Arizona

Kliff will not play out his extension Murray may not eaither if 1 or 2 more seasons like this trash 1

Sad days to be a cards fan my body is numb tod after blowout just expecting more :(

Stout

Reaction score
Kyler has regressed. We saw Colt regress as the game went on.

But was referring to this game only. I guarantee that if Kyler was QBing, and the same thing happened, all the blame would go on Kyler.
Gortcha :thumbup:

For myself, I'm on record as saying no QB could have won that for us, and I wouldn't have blamed Kyler if he played exactly as well as Colt did. Nothing you can do in that one, really.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

as good at the Rams game plan was, this one was one of the worst. Just burning downs needlessly
The Rams’ game plan was good because the Rams have basically given up on the season, especially with Wolford, a guy who probably wouldn’t even start in the XLF/USFL, started for them. I honestly doubt we still beat the Rams if Stafford was healthy.

reebokalone2001

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

I believe the run play calls we're to slow down the pass rush. Unfortunately, Colt is limited throwing down field so the whiners just loaded the box and dared us to pass beyond the stick, which takes away both runs and short passes.

One observation, it seems we never incorporate miss directions in our screen passes and side runs as Lambs and Whiners do. Our plays are much straight. I wonder why, scheme, execution?

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
For those counting at home, Arizona has one winning season since 2015 and zero playoff wins.

Just incredible losers.

Ha! You are just now realizing we are incredible losers?

1977-1987 - 1 winning season
1988-1998 - 1 winning season
1999-2008 - 1 winning season
2009-2012 - 1 winning season
2013-2021 - 4 winning seasons (Steve Keim era) :ban:

Stout

Reaction score
Ha! You are just now realizing we are incredible losers?

1977-1987 - 1 winning season
1988-1998 - 1 winning season
1999-2008 - 1 winning season
2009-2012 - 1 winning season
2013-2021 - 4 winning seasons (Steve Keim era) :ban:
Steve, is that you? Just because we've been a historically bad franchise, Steve, doesn't mean we should settle for ineptitude.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose