Start your "positive spin" engines Tango, Colvin's a Patriot

Ed B

The Matt Joyce of Posting
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Officially, per KFFL.

Please explain to us how everything is still dandy.

Card Trader

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Only positive I could take from this mishap(if you can take one) is that HOPEFULLY it lights a fire under Graves' a$$ and he realizes you need to sign them NOW, not wait on good faith and handshakes.......get this done now, get us a QB, sign us some defensive guys and make us a better team.....I no longer have "patience".....

OP
OP
E

Ed B

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Now that the lesson has been learned, there appear to be no marquee pass rushers available anymore.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I'm really down on this team right now.

I think that I'm going to tell my old man not to renew our tickets. Three more that won't (My dad, brother, and I).

I've taken enough from this team, and I will now focus my football money on the Sun Devils. I'm not pulling this "I'm not going to pull for this team anymore" crap, but I won't pay MORE for a much inferior product.

Tangodnzr

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Well Ed, I'm starting to pedal as fast as I can....We'll see what happens. :p

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ed, don't blame Tango. He's not responsible. Bill Bidwill is the one who sets the table.

I choose to believe Rod Graves did everything he could. In the end, we were abused again by another free agent.

This cycle can only be broken by winning.

RedStorm

Next NY Gov
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wonder how the puppet will spin this on Thurday.....

OP
OP
E

Ed B

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Originally posted by Tangodnzr
Well Ed, I'm starting to pedal as fast as I can....We'll see what happens. :p

I'm really honestly trying desperately to think of something non-defeatist to say, but I'm speechless.

That was our only chance to dramatically improve the pass rush through free agency.

Whoever the team signs now and says is the answer (holliday, okeafor, etc) is going to be a pale substitute for Colvin.

Maybe we can get Suggs. That's my sole positive thought.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Did we really expect to get him? I didn't. I'm very, very VERY UPSET RIGHT NOW! But there's nothing I can do. I can just continue to root for this hapless organization and pray to God we get some other FA signees. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!

Card Trader

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Originally posted by SECTION 11
Faster! The lights are getting dim!!

:)

Dude, the lights are out, have been for a little while now, I guess it actually can and did get darker though!

jstadvl

R U gonna B My Girl
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
So this

is the only FA out there worth signing? June cuts won't matter? Nobody else is out there right now? Forget the draft? No one has any idea what was offered to Colvin or when. Today was the first I heard of our offer to Jackson. C'mon You guys, it isn't all doom and gloom. Lay off of Tango. At least he tries to stay positive. Time will tell.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did anyone really expect to get Colvin? We are the Cardinals and right now, from my persepctive this is the darkest period I have ever seen the franchise in since they moved to AZ. BUT GRAVES HAS A PLAN! In the words of my brother - WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

OP
OP
E

Ed B

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Re: So this

Originally posted by jstadvl
is the only FA out there worth signing? June cuts won't matter? Nobody else is out there right now? Forget the draft? No one has any idea what was offered to Colvin or when. Today was the first I heard of our offer to Jackson. C'mon You guys, it isn't all doom and gloom. Lay off of Tango. At least he tries to stay positive. Time will tell.

There are no free agents as good as Colvin.

The draft?? Are you kidding? So far we're using our #1 pick on a QB, WR, DE, CB, and another couple pass-rushers. Last time I checked we only get one first-rounder.

June 1? Who? Other than Griese, everyone of value has already been released.

Tangodnzr

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Taking off my rose colored glasses and donning my infra-red night vision mask. :cool:

jstadvl

R U gonna B My Girl
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Some times

it's better to just wait and see. We all might be pleasantly suprised. I said might.

RedStorm

Next NY Gov
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Taking of my rose colored glasses and donning my infra-red night vision mask. :cool:

Tango....I burst out in laughter with your comment......

Please brother....give me some faith....give me something.....

Tell me, what do you see through your infra-red night vision mask....

:eek:

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Re: So this

Originally posted by jstadvl

Sure but most of the June cuts will be guys we pursued 2-3 years ago and didn't get. So they're 2-3 years older, less effective, and being cut because they refuse to take paycuts to stay on their current teams.

Remember Graves said we were modelling ourselves after Pittsburgh, target 7 guys on each side of the ball and lock them up as the core of the team. Apparently those 14 guys were already on the roster and include names like Baron Tanner, Josh McCown, Bryan Gilmore and the like.

I tried giving Graves the benefit of the doubt, he's got to start proving by adding talent. I don't blame Graves for this mess at all, as I posted before his job is much more difficult to do here than on another team, but he took the job and he's got to start doing something.

Face it we wanted Colvin, we didn't get him.

Tangodnzr

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Originally posted by RedStorm
Tango....I burst out in laughter with your comment......

Please brother....give me some faith....give me something.....

Tell me, what do you see through your infra-red night vision mask....

:eek:

Well....at least things don't appear quite as dark as before.
I see Rod Graves pulling his hair out.
I see Vonnie Holliday and Chike Okeafor smiling. :cool:

jstadvl

R U gonna B My Girl
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I agree Russ

but it's not over yet. As I posted earlier, on another thread, I do believe the new stadium will make a difference. Just for the elements sake. SDS is a bear to sit in, let alone play in, in AUG. and SEPT. Yes we lost Colvin, yes we wanted him. All we can do is wait and see how the cards(no pun intended) play out.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
Ok I'm in it's offical the wheels have flown off the tricycle and it's panic time.

Seriously this is starting to be funny can you see the laughter around the league it could be good in the long run.

We are going to be fined due to inability to get up to the minimum cap the PR horror of that is just frankly awful.

Guaranteed! ESPN special and we are going to be a media pinata over this crap.

Bidwill this is just sad.

I don't blame Graves he's probably off in some corner mumbling to himself right now.

There is nothing left out there that we are going to get every free agent will go elsewhere we will overpay greatly for Emitt and we will stink.

Peace I'm out.

OP
OP
E

Ed B

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

I see Vonnie Holliday and Chike Okeafor smiling. :cool:

Pale, pale substitutes for Colvin, my friend.

All assertions to the contrary are pure spin.

We wanted Colvin and couldn't get him. Anyone else is the consolation prize.

CardinalChris

Big Man Himself
Reaction score
And Jackson and stewart, and Blake... anybody see a trend? It is self fulfilling prephecy. We don't win because nobody comes here. Nobody comes here because we don't win. Maybe we can ask the NFL to trade cap space for first round picks!!!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose