Star Wars - Vader vs Obi Wan Duel Reimagined

Discussion in 'Movies and Entertainment' started by Covert Rain, May 17, 2019.

1. Covert Rain

Covert Rain Father smelt of elderberries!

One of my biggest complaints has always been the original Obi vs Vader scene in the first Star Wars. They looked like old men pushing sticks around. The scene was the weakest IMO in all of the movies based on all depictions of the Jedi/Sith throughout all the films.

Then Rogue One came out and showed Vader as this badass which then made this scene look 100 times worse knowing how Vader looked in the final scene of Rogue One.

Here is a fan made re-imagined scene which not only fixes it but blows the original out of the water. Sure there are some quirky things in the CGI and I wouldn't want this to be a final cut or anything but I would love if they would redo that scene in a similar way and put it in the original film.

SpokaneCardfan likes this.
  2. puckhead

puckhead Waxing Gibbous Contributor

:thumbup: This popped up in my feed last week and I thought it was great! I meant to post it but got sidetracked.

Covert Rain likes this.
  3. Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown I'm better than Mulli!

Wow. I loved it. Didn’t expect to.

Covert Rain likes this.
  4. jf-08

jf-08 Administrator; Rules Creator Staff Member

That was pretty badass.

Covert Rain likes this.
  5. crisper57

crisper57 Open the Roof!

They did a great job.

6. UncleChris

UncleChris Retirement Doesn't Suck Contributor

Interesting..... and very, very well done. Heavy on the action without losing the emotion.

My only tiny little beef with it is that it makes Obi Wan appear weaker. Age seems to have little to do with the ability to utilize the force, as is evidenced by Yoda, who was nearly 900 years old when he faced off against the emperor and this new video seems to play on that. The original battle from A New Hope seemed better balanced between the two rivals, as did the battle from Revenge of the Sith (Anakin only lost because he let his arrogance and anger overpower his fighting skills). Anyway, this fan is nonetheless an outstanding piece. 4.9 out of 5.