Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Episode VII)

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Disney will always be "ok", but I doubt they're looking at those tracking numbers and are super happy. They bombed out hard with Solo, Last Jedi seemed to be pretty polarizing and make a lot less money than TFA and they just canceled Benihoff and Weiss' new Star Wars trilogy also.

Personally, I think if they were smart, the Star Wars movie universe ends here. Simply slapping a STAR WARS banner on a movie without any of the beloved characters is going to lead to costly misfires, IMO. They will probably start to own TV the same way Marvel is going to tho. I think that's where their bread gets buttered primarlly after Skywalker comes out.

TFA is the highest grossing of all the Star Wars movies followed by TLJ. Solo as you stated was a bomb. Do you really think they were expecting to do more than TFA? Maybe they are but seems to me the projections are spot on with expectations but I could be wrong.

Also, I didn't think the trilogy was cancelled. As I read, Benhoff and Weiss decided they didn't have enough time to meet their Netflix commitment and the Star Wars trilogy. I had not read it was cancelled.

Also, being a huge Star Wars fan I hope they don't end the films. I think there should be films as long as people want to see them. What I hope is that they are much more picky about movies going forward. We don't need multiple films per year. Take some time on production, get the script right and get a pulse of what the fans want to see.

There is NOTHING like watching a Star Wars film in the theater.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
TFA is the highest grossing of all the Star Wars movies followed by TLJ. Solo as you stated was a bomb. Do you really think they were expecting to do more than TFA?

WTF? I'm going to stop engaging in this argument right now because you just projected something completely idiotic on to me that I never said or even intimated.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
WTF? I'm going to stop engaging in this argument right now because you just projected something completely idiotic on to me that I never said or even intimated.

I was asking your opinion?!?! I didn't know it was an argument?

The reason I was asking your opinion is because you seemed to indicate that $750 million wasn't what Disney was hoping for. If the TFA did $936 and TLJ $620 I was wondering what you do think is the amount "Disney was hoping for"? Because $750 seems to be a logical projection in the middle. I wasn't sure if you were saying they should be hoping for more than TFA.....hence my question.

Wow..man...bad day or what? Seriously...meant nothing else man. Relax.

Last edited:

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Disney will always be "ok", but I doubt they're looking at those tracking numbers and are super happy. They bombed out hard with Solo, Last Jedi seemed to be pretty polarizing and make a lot less money than TFA and they just canceled Benihoff and Weiss' new Star Wars trilogy also.

Personally, I think if they were smart, the Star Wars movie universe ends here. Simply slapping a STAR WARS banner on a movie without any of the beloved characters is going to lead to costly misfires, IMO. They will probably start to own TV the same way Marvel is going to tho. I think that's where their bread gets buttered primarlly after Skywalker comes out.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose