Star Wars: Obi-Wan Kenobi series (Disney+)

DWKB

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So, and maybe I’m just missing something, but this show emphasizes an absent or missed narrative perspective from Ep IV.

Obi dying at the hands of Vader was only viewed via Luke when Leía had just as much, if not more, reason to be affected by the loss. I don’t recall ever seeing her perspective of his death in that movie.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rewatched this with one of my daughters. I actually liked this even more the second time around. Also, found this scene mix and just love this.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, and maybe I’m just missing something, but this show emphasizes an absent or missed narrative perspective from Ep IV.

Obi dying at the hands of Vader was only viewed via Luke when Leía had just as much, if not more, reason to be affected by the loss. I don’t recall ever seeing her perspective of his death in that movie.

I think it's pretty safe to say that Lucas's grand vision wasn't as complete as he would like us to believe. At the same time, he couldn't have known that the eventual franchise would become a money-printing juggernaut for the next couple of generations. Depending on how much the relationship between young Leia and Kenobi develops in upcoming seasons, we could probably just suspend disbelief and chalk it up to the fading memory of youth. Should they continue to develop that relationship moving forward in the series, (and considering how well the young Leia actress was received makes that very likely) your observation will only become more pronounced and glaring.