Stafford's elbow

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was discussed before but 49er beat writer Matt Maiocco is saying there's a lot of speculation that Stafford's situation is not nearly as clear as people assume. That the way McVay talked about it being more of a baseball injury than football has people wondering if he has the Tommy John problem. He apparently threw this week and looked ok but Maiocco says there's a weird vibe around the Rams that they're not sure about him.

he then speculated the rams might be interested in looking at a Jimmy G trade. I can't imagine the 49ers would trade him to a division rival but it is interesting. he has no inside knowledge but it sounds like the Stafford injury might be worse than we knew, he's coming off surgery and had an injection in the elbow.

Cardsfan77

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It seemed quite awkward when Stafford was trying to sell it to the media that his arm is fine and can make all the throws at the get together practice, so wouldn’t surprise me. We’ll see I guess it’s a long season. I think at worst if it flares up bad they’ll just sit him out a game or 2 and with the Rams luck that will happen exactly at a soft spot in their schedule

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was discussed before but 49er beat writer Matt Maiocco is saying there's a lot of speculation that Stafford's situation is not nearly as clear as people assume. That the way McVay talked about it being more of a baseball injury than football has people wondering if he has the Tommy John problem. He apparently threw this week and looked ok but Maiocco says there's a weird vibe around the Rams that they're not sure about him.

he then speculated the rams might be interested in looking at a Jimmy G trade. I can't imagine the 49ers would trade him to a division rival but it is interesting. he has no inside knowledge but it sounds like the Stafford injury might be worse than we knew, he's coming off surgery and had an injection in the elbow.
I can. There aren't any other takers.

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I’m not buying it, especially since everything always seems to go their way. He’ll be fine.
unfortunately I think you are right. EVERYTHING seems to go the Rams way (at least last year).... that roster just kept adding studs

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Niners know exactly what Jimmy G is, and thus I don't see them having any problem trading him to the Rams if they were interested. Which I doubt.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Niners know exactly what Jimmy G is, and thus I don't see them having any problem trading him to the Rams if they were interested. Which I doubt.
They know Crappolo winding up the starter for the Rams is the easiest way to beat them.

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the rumors are true look for Jimmy to go to the Jets. It sounds like Wilson tore his ACL last night and with the HC being a former 49er would seem to make some sense.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the rumors are true look for Jimmy to go to the Jets. It sounds like Wilson tore his ACL last night and with the HC being a former 49er would seem to make some sense.
Today the Jets said Wilson has a bone bruise and torn meniscus and they expect him to be back for the regular season. 2-4 weeks.

They got lucky. Playing your best players in these crap games is dumber than hell. Every year, I more and more wish the preseason games would be done away with.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Report is Wilson tore his meniscus and bruised a bone. Expectations are he may not be ready to open the season but by no means will miss an extended portion of games.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose