Stacked at wide receiver... Hogwash.

OmahaCardsFan

Veteran
Reaction score
I mean no disrespect to the obvious (Fitz and Boldin) but we are NOT stacked at WR.

After watching the Dallas game and seeing those set of 4 or 5 Receivers all getting separation, catching and running, I'd say they are closer to being Stacked a the position than we are and I HATE Dallas.

I know Warner didn't have a good game, but Geez, He had no one to throw to. We just don't have enough WR talent to force a defense to play our best players straight up or at least prevent double teams on both.

I know we were missing Breaston, and maybe that's the whole key, but you'd better have more than just 3 guys. Urban had one nice catch long, the others were drag routes that didn't drag and a few drops along the way. Not consistent enough for a #3. Maybe that killed us?

San Fran played 7 in the box and we still can't run so we have to rely on our supposed strength (the stacked wr position). I think we are in trouble.

We can't stretch the field and I saw only one play where there was separation from ANY reciever. The other was a push off early called on Fitz. It sure seems Warner has to be perfect with every throw and along with timing. Maybe that's why he held the ball for so long which leads us into the other problem (Warning be immobile and turnover prone). As a matter of fact 120 years of the total passing were throws to Hightower who ran for yardage. Stacked.... no freakin' way. I even heard Wiz during preseason in the GB game state he was disappointed and I concur.

We just don't have a good mix of talent at that position (possession vs speed and ellusiveness).

Oh well... I think losing Haley will be the dagger to this offense because he always seemed to find ways to get the ball the WR's we have. Today.... not even close. I believe this Offense is in real trouble.

-OCF

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think losing Haley will be the dagger to this offense because he always seemed to find ways to get the ball the WR's we have. Today.... not even close. I believe this Offense is in real trouble.

No he didnt. That was Warner last I cecked Haley isnt throwing any balls. Warner just sucked today. Haley being gone didnt make him suck. Not to mention Warner showed many a games with plenty of suckjage under Haley as well.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really think not having Breaston out there hurt this offense. Breaston is the speed guy on this team. He is the one who can get seperation. He can hang onto the ball unlike Long.

Throw in a poor performance from the O-Line and you've got Warner trying to make something happen on every play.

So not having Breaston means that there isn't a reliable WR that Warner can find if Fitz and Boldin struggle to get open. That will happen against a team like the Niners with a quality secondary. With No receivers open Warner holds on to the Ball too long and our suspect O-Line gives Warner even less time. That results in Warner making bad decisions.

So the secret ingredient to the Cards offensive success is Breaston. Silly as it may seem.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I just got done watching the Whis press conference. He all but said Warner was not in this game today. Someone asked him about Warner and he replied that receivers were open just couldn't get them the ball. Don't put this on the receivers. Urban played decent as a fill in. Fitz did well when he got the ball and you could tell that Boldin wasn't at full speed.

We are the most stacked receiving corp in the league. Did you see who we had on the docket today? Three dinged up receivers; Boldin who was less than 80% and Breaston and Doucet were out. We only had three healthy receivers: Fitz, Urban and <gasp> Long. When Warner is on his game, he can make an average receiver look great. Today, he made them look inept. Please direct blame appropriately.

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The WRs would have looked better today if Kurt wasn't constantly throwing over and behind them.

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
No were are not the MOST stacked receiving corp in the league BUT, it was mainly on Warner. Also not having Breaston, and Boldin half assing around the field.

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No were are not the MOST stacked receiving corp in the league BUT, it was mainly on Warner. Also not having Breaston, and Boldin half assing around the field.

I don't recall seeing Boldin half assing it while he was on the field. I do remember one play where he had his guy beat by a step on a crossing route and Warner put it on his back hip where the DB could get a hand on it.

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I don't recall seeing Boldin half assing it while he was on the field. I do remember one play where he had his guy beat by a step on a crossing route and Warner put it on his back hip where the DB could get a hand on it.

I don't mean it in the sense that it was on purpose. He was clearly favoring that hammy and should not have been out there, but apparently we had no choice. If you look at the last play of the game (or was it the 4th and 5) he doesnt even get off the line of scrimmage and Kurt is being sacked. Q is kind of just standing there.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score

Then who is?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson