Spurs vs Hornets Series

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well looks like the spurs aren't that old yet :( I'll be a laker fan next series hoping you guys beat the sterns :( ugh

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Spurs won on experience today... Tyson Chandler was a non factor, paul looked tight...

cly2tw

Reaction score
Spurs won on experience today... Tyson Chandler was a non factor, paul looked tight...

That's correct. And Pop's preparation gets the credit. They killed the Hornets with their bench after 4th foul sitting of Duncan. Just when the NO players thought the could have a breather and mentally relaxed, every scrub on the Spurs hit a 3 as if to say, "now TD in foul trouble it's my duty to hit the big ones". That one is on Pop.

Besides, Horry's intimidating back check on West left some lasting effect that's crucial.

BigJit

Veteran
Reaction score
Maybe Bowen will give Kobe a little harder shot block attempt on Kobe's sore finger.

But that would be dirty. :rolleyes:

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I honestly have no idea who to cheer for...but I'm thinking my hatred of Duncan + Ginoboli + Bowen >>>> my hatred of the Lakers in general.

Ugh.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I honestly have no idea who to cheer for...but I'm thinking my hatred of Duncan + Ginoboli + Bowen >>>> my hatred of the Lakers in general.

Ugh.

I hate em both. Go Celts, go Pistons either one.

As much as every Suns fan should hate the Lakers, the Spurs represent everything bad about the NBA.

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
Spurs, I was pretty impressed with them in this series, this wasn't given to them, the NBA lost here, they wanted NO and the NBA lost out. This is their last run, I hate the Lakers, go Spurs.

Boston winning along with LA would shoot the NBA ratings higher than anytime in history...With the Spurs/ Piston's it probably sends rating way down.

The League cannot have the resurgence in national interest go down because the punks like the Spurs and Pistons NBA hack their way to the title again. Now the league will passively cheat to get Lakers vs Celtics in this final. and possibly employ some judgment suspensions if need be. That's why I am rooting against the NBA not the Lakers or Celtics per say.

go spurs/go pistons/go f yourself Stern

Last edited:

BigJit

Veteran
Reaction score
I hate em both. Go Celts, go Pistons either one.

As much as every Suns fan should hate the Lakers, the Spurs represent everything bad about the NBA.

That is probably one of the funniest things I've read in here!! :biglaugh:

scXfreakX

Huh?
Reaction score
I hate the Spurs by FAR much more than any other team in the league, so def GO LAKERS. But yeah, this is a one time only thing. I just hope the Spurs can get their butts whooped.

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
Spurs, I was pretty impressed with them in this series, this wasn't given to them, the NBA lost here, they wanted NO and the NBA lost out. This is their last run, I hate the Lakers, go Spurs.

Boston winning along with LA would shoot the NBA ratings higher than anytime in history...With the Spurs/ Piston's it probably sends rating way down.

The League cannot have the resurgence in national interest go down because the punks like the Spurs and Pistons NBA hack their way to the title again. Now the league will passively cheat to get Lakers vs Celtics in this final. and possibly employ some judgment suspensions if need be. That's why I am rooting against the NBA not the Lakers or Celtics per say.

go spurs/go pistons/go f yourself Stern

If you honestly believe this, then why do you watch NBA Basketball? If it's all rigged in your mind, why bother?

BigJit

Veteran
Reaction score
From the Tao Te Ching:

When a foolish man hears of the Tao,
he laughs out loud.

:shrug:

PS: Did anyone hear Byron Scott call the Spurs and I quote, "The best organization in pro sports. They are what we aspire to be. They are a classy team."

And you all call them the Bad mean guys. Sheesh.

satex

Reaction score
Wow...sick thread.

did you know Al Gore invented the internet and ..AND global warming AND....Suns excuses ?

what's next....boobcats for teh wEnz >

You guys...honestly...get over it. Tim Duncan. Okay.

Something about that dude.....

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Hornet could have won this game. They gave up stupid rebounds and took a ton of stupid shots. Just wow. I guess that's why they are a young team.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
wow the Spurs... gotta give them their due.

Bong

Registered
Reaction score
wow the Spurs... gotta give them their due.

yeah, they consistently know how to get the refs on their side and fool casual fans into believing that they are actually contenders

CaptainInsano

Reaction score
Hornets shot like crap, Hornets defended the 3 line like crap, spurs shot the lights out with their 3's. Otherwise everything else was typical IMO.

Props to pops mostly, he basically completely figured the hornets out and thrashed them with 3 point shooting, it doesn't help that the hornets never seemed to shoot good later on, but I put that on the spurs defensive work and not just completely "we shot bad tonight" like you hear from the hornets coach.

Looks like byron has the D'antoni curse of not being able to adjust. After the 2 spurs Home wins the hornets should have taken the series with the talent they had by making proper adjustments. Didn't happen.

Same **** different team I guess. Good playoff coaching is hard to find in the nba. Sad thing is it looks like they are pulling a suns by saying it was because of poor shooting or it was because of this or that. Nope, it was becuase the spurs beat you even though you had home court plain and simple. Why? Coaching: keeping focus, executing offensive and defensive sets EVERY PLAY. No ridiculous PEJA from grand canyon range 3 pointers in the middle of a shot clock by the spurs for example. No CONSTANT WIDE OPEN 3 POINTERS that were given to the spurs by the hornets defense for example.

No excuses your team just didn't win even though they IMO had a LOT more talent then the spurs. Rookie team in the playoffs? I don't buy it since they played almost flawlessly during the season, almost flawlessly against dallas, flawless in the first 2 games of the spurs series, and then laid a huge egg the rest of the way.

I just can't help but be disgustingly disappointed that yet another team couldn't be coached well enough to beat a team they should have easily beat in 5 max six games.

Irish

Registered
Reaction score
I thought Byron was seriously out coached in game 7. The Spurs all but dared Pargo to shoot and he all but shot the Hornets out of the game. In the biggest game in franchise history, they have a journeyman taking most of the shots while West and Peja don't even get touches.

At the same time, Byron kept double teaming Duncan. It did hurt Duncan's shooting, but opened up the Spurs three point shooters. The reality is that it is better to play straight because the open three is more dangerous than Duncn's bank shot. I don't know what percentage of open threes the Spurs hit, but it was very high. They do not have a Kobe who can hit a high percentage of contested shots, but the Spurs seem to always hit their open threes.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson