Spurs @ Suns Sunday game thread 1-30- 2022

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On Sunday the Spurs visit for the second game of the Suns three game home stand.

Spurs are 19-31 with their last win coming over the Bulls. They are 4-6 in their last ten games.

Suns are now 39-9 and will be going after their fortieth win of the season. They are also on a nine game winning streak.

The game will be televised on Bally Sports Arizona.

Start time is 6 p.m. Arizona time.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No injury report as yet but nice to hear McGee is shooting with Biyombo.

Looks like Ayton will be out for the Spurs game.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Payne is my biggest concern. If he was seriously injured, it would be in the Suns' best interest to keep it quiet until the trade deadline.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Questionable is amazing news.

It would be great to have all those guys back tomorrow, but I really want them in tip top shape for the next 6 games that follow. Nets at home before going on the road for Hawks, Bulls, Washington, Sixers and capped off back at home with Milwaukee. That's a tough stretch of games, and some pretty big showdowns against the East big boys, with or without all their starters.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the Suns can only get one of Ayton, McGee or Crowder back that would help inside against the Spurs.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Watching GS versus Nets. GS double teaming Kyrie Irving a lot. Look for lots of double teams by GS. Sems to be their defensive default. Wiggins was on fire in the first half, the Jordan Poole was nails in the second half. Curry working himself out of a shooting slump.

They had Patty Mills mic'ed up for the game. I came away with a new respect for Mills. It's almost like having Popovic on the floor. He's coaching guys during games, on and off the floor, even pregame going over scouting report stuff with guys during warm ups. Mills on one shot was telling Griffen not to worry on a defensive assignment because he could help out. You could tell that gave relief to Griffen by the look on his face. I can see Mills being a head coach at some point.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
HORRIBLE call by the refs at the end of the game that gave the win to GS. So Nets looked a lot better than you would think missing the Slim Reaper and The Beard. The Splash Brothers were luke warm at best until the fourth quarter. Klay came in and went 3 for 3 with two of those being threes. Steph started hitting shots in the fourth of course and they still BARELY beat an undermanned Nets team.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Spurs will be shorthanded when they face the Suns.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
These are the players available for the Spurs.

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
No Dejounte or White definitely hurts but we can’t take the Spurs lightly. All 3 games so far have been pretty close. Vassell can shoot the 3-ball. Sometimes we play down to our level of competition. Let’s set the tone and get ready for Tuesday against the Nets and our East Coast road trip.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No Dejounte or White definitely hurts but we can’t take the Spurs lightly. All 3 games so far have been pretty close. Vassell can shoot the 3-ball. Sometimes we play down to our level of competition. Let’s set the tone and get ready for Tuesday against the Nets and our East Coast road trip.

Yeah, no easy games in the NBA.

With Jakob Poeltl also being out I wonder if this will impact the Suns thinking on giving Ayton, McGee and Crowder more rest.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, no easy games in the NBA.

With Jakob Poeltl also being out I wonder if this will impact the Suns thinking on giving Ayton, McGee and Crowder more rest.
Last year we played the Spurs when we were on a long win streak and they had a bunch of players out... and they steamrolled us at home.

Hope Monty reminds the guys of that before game time so they’re not caught peaking ahead to the Nets.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Any game against the Spurs is scary.

Pop's ability to exploit weaknesses seems timeless. Hopefully there is too little tape on our tattered remnants of a front court for him to really break down.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It would be nice to get that one more win tonight to insure Monty and staff coaches the West All-Star team.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lets go suns always nice since duncan teams yrs to beat spurs bad poff memories as a suns fan ugh that duncan bank 3. ..

Hope to see big gms from cp3 book stix

We are the valley!!! Goooo suns

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well. If anyone can figure out how to take advantage of our lack of depth due to injuries, it's Pop.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hopefully the Suns will forget they are favored to win.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Are teams just conceding games with us now and resting players?

Oh. Now I jinxed it.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
McGee playing is huge. Now the Suns have three centers available. :cool:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads