Spurs @ Suns Monday game thread 1-20-20

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Mexico City part II?

The way teams make us switch at the top seems to have this team baffled. Whenever Ayton is forced out top we're exploited. When teams are using their Center to set picks on top I think Ayton should just drop down and someone else pick up the center. Then he can switch back if he crashes down or pick up the dribbler attacking the rim.
Yup. It seemed every time Ayton was caught up top the guy he was defending just dropped a jumper over him. They seemed to connect every time. I don’t know if Ayton is worried about being blown by, but he’s obviously playing so far off that it makes the jumper and easy one for the offense.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Missed the game but looks like another strong outing from Ayton. Good to see stringing some good performances together, though can't really tell how he did on the defensive end.
He was a beast inside but gave up a lot of jumpers when switched outside. He also allowed a disappointing layup when the game was in the line to derozen.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I guess I am the only one who thought Booker shot it at the right time. I hate when shooters wait until time is almost all off the clock, we get the offensive rebound for a put back and no time is remaining, You should shoot with a few seconds left to let our guys crashing the boards to get a secong chance. As for Booker passing to Ayton down the lane, it was obvious Ayton was NOT looking for the ball. Devin would have had a turn over had he tried to pass to Ayton. Monty said after the game that the play was for Booker for three. Not all shots will go in at the buzzer. We had our best guy take the last shot, I have no beef with that. .

The shot was so off balance, far away, and covered. There had to be a better option somewhere than that junk.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Against the Spurs Booker, Bridges and Ayton all gave a up a DFG% above 55% and all were 50+% guarding threes (Ayton 5-8, Booker 3-6, Oubre 4-4). Bridges did have a good game in that regard as he gave up just 3-10 from the field and 1-4 from 3.
Okay it wasn’t just my perspective. They did get tooled on defensively on the perimeter.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Dumb turnovers and fouls continue to be a problem. On the flip side, Oubre was charged for some BS fouls, especially the one where he was pressuring Derozan full court.

Ricky changed everything right there, he makes both free throws, we play for OT.

I'm not liking the play for Booker, even if it was for the win, plenty of time for something more elaborate.
Ayton didn't roll quick enough, but moreso Booker could have given it another second to allow Ayton to get closer to the rim.
It seems Ayton knew the plan was for Booker to shoot it, he didn't remain active once Booker had the ball in his hands. He could have potentially blocked out LA for a tip-back.
It was reported that Monty told Book to go for the win with a "3".

Normally, I wouldn't agree but, in this case, I do.

Oubre had fouled out and Book played the whole 2nd half.

Looking at the big picture ... and our weak bench ... it wasn't
worth running Book and the others into the ground.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
It was reported that Monty told Book to go for the win with a "3".

Normally, I wouldn't agree but, in this case, I do.

Oubre had fouled out and Book played the whole 2nd half.

Looking at the big picture ... and our weak bench ... it wasn't
worth running Book and the others into the ground.

I just wish a better play had been drawn up to get him a much better shot...

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just wish a better play had been drawn up to get him a much better shot...

was probably James Jones who called the play in!

also, do you know if Bridges survived the night? I've been so worried about his mental makeup and possible suicide since last night's ending.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose