Spurs @ Suns Monday game thread 1-20-20

Discussion in 'Phoenix Suns' started by Mainstreet, Jan 19, 2020.

1. MaoTosiFanClub

MaoTosiFanClub Mike McCoy's Playbook

I'll settle for anyone who is an actual NBA player coming off the bench.

2. 1Sun

1Sun Registered

Still better than a Dragan Bender clone.

3. MaoTosiFanClub

MaoTosiFanClub Mike McCoy's Playbook

Dude was in college for 5 years. There's obviously some room to grow but we are probably fairly close to his ceiling.

4. Proximo

Proximo Registered

yeah well nobody could have guarded Forbes in the first half.

sometimes a dude gets so hot their is nothing you can do.

5. 1Sun

1Sun Registered

And last year's team had the same three really good-to-great players, one solid guy in T.J. Warren instead of Rubio, and a bunch of misfit toys. And people really think James Jones has done a good job rebuilding this roster???

6. 1Sun

1Sun Registered

Great...just the ceiling we want with the #6 pick in the draft after enduring our worst season since the expansion season...

7. Proximo

Proximo Registered

Bull. Dragon is balling out in the g-league. Owens is just a guy in the g-league.

8. Mainstreet

Mainstreet Registered User Contributor

It seems to happen to the Suns far more often than it should.

9. CardsSunsDbacks

CardsSunsDbacks Not So Skeptical Contributor

Apparently Monty made the call to go for the win on that last play.

10. TJ

TJ NUKed

Like many, I had problems with the Cam Johnson pick. The chronic hip injury bothered me, but what pisses me off is that his ceiling is limited and it was completely obvious on draft night. A lottery pick should at least have some potential to be an above average starter, not a sharp-shooting sixth man. I’d be elated if he were a Dennis Scott type of player right now, but James Jones has to take chances if we’re to be a legit playoff contender.

11. 1Sun

1Sun Registered

Except Ty Jerome is incapable of defending and ball handling at the NBA level. His lack of athleticism has rendered him the guard equivalent of Adam Morrison...

12. 1Sun

1Sun Registered

I am just looking for someone, anyone, who MIGHT contribute at power forward. We already know that Saric can't.

13. Yuma

Yuma Passed my 90 days! Thanks BigRedRage!

With what he inherited, I think he did what he could. We were hamstring by the cap. I agree no doubt we are a good 4-5 quality peices from really being a real playoff squad.

14. Hoop Head

Hoop Head ASFN Contributor Contributor

I don't care that he's 64 years old, I think the Suns should have brought back Crawford for another year. They wouldn't need him to play PG off the bench like he did for the majority of last season. Even with him playing as more of a facilitator than he had in at least a decade, he showed he could still get buckets and provide a dozen or so points off the bench when called upon. He wasn't the type to complain about minutes or touches either. He was the model veteran addition for a very young team last year and could have actually helped them take a larger step forward this year but he's stuck in Washington and waiting for his phone to ring.

Maybe if they clear a roster spot in a trade they can give him a call to help make a push. I'd prefer they added someone younger in a trade but at the same time, I think they are better off trading for size and signing a guard, if one becomes available, to replace whoever is sent out.

I'd rather see J-Crossover than Ty Jerome or Okobo at this point. The time to do something like that would have been before Owens got the 2nd Two-Way deal. They could have waived Okobo and signed him back on a Two-Way deal while opening a spot on the main roster. Perhaps they can send 2 guys out in a trade for 1 return, so they don't end up with any dead money on the cap sheet next year.

Suns_fan69 likes this.
  15. 1Sun

1Sun Registered

I have no problem with going for the win, but surely Monty could have drawn up a better play than having Booker taking the ball 1 on 5 right into the teeth of their perimeter defense...