Spurs @ Suns 1-21-15

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
I hate to bring this up but i was thinking that if Dragic would be a better fit with this team than Knight or Bledsoe. Although not a true pg, he would be a better at controlling the temp as our primary ball handler.

Oh by far! He is not a ball-stopper like the other two, and he genuinely wants to pass. Problem is that he is not good defensively. He's older than the other two as well. Mike Conley would be a nice fit, though that would likely slow us down more. I still want to see Bledsoe/ Booker pairing for 30 minutes per game and see how that works. Bledsoe is much better than Knight, and he might do even better with Booker and TJ as opposed to Knight and Tucker.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Oh by far! He is not a ball-stopper like the other two, and he genuinely wants to pass. Problem is that he is not good defensively. He's older than the other two as well. Mike Conley would be a nice fit, though that would likely slow us down more. I still want to see Bledsoe/ Booker pairing for 30 minutes per game and see how that works. Bledsoe is much better than Knight, and he might do even better with Booker and TJ as opposed to Knight and Tucker.

Booker at least poses a legitimate threat to make an opponent pay for clogging the lane against Bledsoe drives.

Our roster is a mess, but even considering the injuries this team is just horrific.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Booker at least poses a legitimate threat to make an opponent pay for clogging the lane against Bledsoe drives.

Our roster is a mess, but even considering the injuries this team is just horrific.

Booker and Warren can both shoot and they also move without the ball. I still don't think Bledsoe is the ideal PG for this team, but he would probably do a better job with the two shooters who can move without the ball than he did with Knight and Tucker.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With all these players out for the Suns I keep hoping a trade is in the works. Maybe wishful thinking but one has to find hope being a Suns fan.

I periodically wonder if Devin Booker can play PG as he develops. I'm not comparing the two but the name of Stephen Curry crosses my mind.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Booker and Warren can both shoot and they also move without the ball. I still don't think Bledsoe is the ideal PG for this team, but he would probably do a better job with the two shooters who can move without the ball than he did with Knight and Tucker.

Agreed. Bled is not an ideal point guard, but he's clearly our best and most important player. No simple solutions to this mess.

Any reason at all at this point to keep Chandler around? Time to get rid of that contract while you can.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Agreed. Bled is not an ideal point guard, but he's clearly our best and most important player. No simple solutions to this mess.

Any reason at all at this point to keep Chandler around? Time to get rid of that contract while you can.

I'd keep Chandler. You gotta pay someone, so you might as well pay one veteran who has championship experience. He is a good guy to have on a young team. Suns are pretty thin up front anyway. That said, I do want Len to start getting more minutes than Chandler.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
I'd keep Chandler. You gotta pay someone, so you might as well pay one veteran who has championship experience. He is a good guy to have on a young team. Suns are pretty thin up front anyway. That said, I do want Len to start getting more minutes than Chandler.

15+ per year is a hell of a price for "veteran leadership". A lot his leadership has done to help this year, we're a disaster, he's having an awful season, and he'll only become less attractive a contract as time goes on.

I'd try to move him ASAP.

Catlover

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
15+ per year is a hell of a price for "veteran leadership". A lot his leadership has done to help this year, we're a disaster, he's having an awful season, and he'll only become less attractive a contract as time goes on.

I'd try to move him ASAP.

He has a flat contract, 13 per, which will seem like role player money long before his contract is up. He's been a disappointment but it's difficult to tell how much of that is on him.

I'd worry about his value declining too except this has happened with him before. In bad situations, he's been a disappointment, only to bounce back big when he's once again in the right place. Hopefully someone will believe they have the right place for him. Even then I only move him if there is real value in return. We have nothing else to spend this money on right now.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
This game confirmed again, why is PJ Tucker still starting over Warren? Especially so in the light of Hornacek comments that the job of the bench is to bring effort more than anything.

Why have we waited until now to see Chandler and Len at the same time for extended minutes?

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Chandler had guys like Tucker and Markieff clogging up the paint. They are not a legitimate threat from the 3. Then with no real pg to create and make passes, it's been a mess.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
This game confirmed again, why is PJ Tucker still starting over Warren? Especially so in the light of Hornacek comments that the job of the bench is to bring effort more than anything.

Why have we waited until now to see Chandler and Len at the same time for extended minutes?

Because they are foul magnets and backups to each other. You don't want to get to a point that you have to sub out BOTH of them at the same time because they both are in foul trouble. That's a recipe for disaster. It's a nice gimmick but won't be normal at all going forward.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
He has a flat contract, 13 per, which will seem like role player money long before his contract is up. He's been a disappointment but it's difficult to tell how much of that is on him.

I'd worry about his value declining too except this has happened with him before. In bad situations, he's been a disappointment, only to bounce back big when he's once again in the right place. Hopefully someone will believe they have the right place for him. Even then I only move him if there is real value in return. We have nothing else to spend this money on right now.

Fair enough. In the right situation, I agree, a potential contender might want him and we can get some value.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
How is that not a charge when #2 knees Tucker mailman style?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Only 8 healthy players tonight, so we have extra reasons to suck tonight. Weems, Brown, Jefferson and some of the guys that are being forced to play may be D League type players in all fairness.

In all fairness there's no Parker, no Duncan, and some 7'3 white stiff was tooling on us. Pathetic.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fair enough. In the right situation, I agree, a potential contender might want him and we can get some value.

The Suns should look real hard to move Chandler at the trade deadline because the Suns are not going anywhere. Also I'm not seeing the leadership. A draft pick and expiring contract might be worth a look.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I would LOVE to see this team (Booker, Warren, Len) play with a real point guard. I love the youngsters. If only we could flip Bledsoe and Knight for an actual point guard, and another young big man, this team would be fun to watch.

Agreed. They were saying the other day how much Jahil Okafor's game has improved since the 76ers acquired a true PG in Ish Smith and Okafor's efficiency since the got Ish speaks to that.

I can only imagine how much of a positive effect it would have on Booker if we can bring in someone like that.