MCU: Spider-Man: Far From Home

Skratchy_Seal

Registered
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anybody else see this yet? So far I have two friends. One says it's good but not great. The other says it broke into her top 10 of all the MCU movies and even possibly Top 5.

@Skratchy_Seal, where does this rank for you?

Without even really thinking about it, I do think this might be a Top 10 MCU movie for me. I can quickly think of 5 other MCU movies I like better, so not Top 5.

There were some major FEELS in this movie, which is the best way I can describe it. I don’t know if that makes sense. I thought it was a great bridge from the previous movies to the future of MCU.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I love the use of Hydro-Man and Mephisto. Got tired of the Goblin. Maybe Kraven can make an appearance in future films.

WaywardFan

Waywardier than before
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was a good summer movie, though I didn't like the end credits scenes at all.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I thought it was pretty good.

And I actually liked the stingers. The first resurrects some Spider-Man canon (although with an interesting twist). The second keeps him tethered to MCU.

Was still a bit surprised the stinger from the first wasn’t referenced at all in the flick. Guess that will be a slow burn returning storyline.

OP
OP
Covert Rain

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Going to see it in a few. Have not been reading thread because of spoilers.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thought it was really fun all the way around, but I'm getting a little superhero fatigue. These movies have really turned into more like TV shows of the Marvel universe, on a grand scale and because there's so many of them out every year (including the DC movies)... these movies have stopped becoming events like they used to. I mean, we've seen Spiderman 5 times in three years... and Mile Morales as Spidey to make it 6 times. Don't get me wrong... they were all really good or just flat out GREAT movies like Spiderverse, but it just doesn't feel... special, the way these movies used to be.

You'd have to wait at least two years before seeing Spidey in the Raimi trilogy. Nolan's Batman trilogy was space out once every three years. When those movies came out it felt like a big freaking deal. We def got that with Infiniti War and Endgame, but even there, we only had to wait 12 months after the The Snap cliffhanger.

I just miss that event type feeling.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
thought it was really fun all the way around, but I'm getting a little superhero fatigue. These movies have really turned into more like TV shows of the Marvel universe, on a grand scale and because there's so many of them out every year (including the DC movies)... these movies have stopped becoming events like they used to. I mean, we've seen Spiderman 5 times in three years... and Mile Morales as Spidey to make it 6 times. Don't get me wrong... they were all really good or just flat out GREAT movies like Spiderverse, but it just doesn't feel... special, the way these movies used to be.

You'd have to wait at least two years before seeing Spidey in the Raimi trilogy. Nolan's Batman trilogy was space out once every three years. When those movies came out it felt like a big freaking deal. We def got that with Infiniti War and Endgame, but even there, we only had to wait 12 months after the The Snap cliffhanger.

I just miss that event type feeling.
It was like that with the original Star Wars movies: 1977, 1980, 1983. Perfect spacing and the anticipation and build up for the next movie made it all the more exciting.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose