Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

carrrnuttt

Didactic
Reaction score

Pretty sure Tobey Maguire’s voice starts that trailer.

Definitely sounds like him.

The voice just before the trailer starts must be Oscar Isaac (Spider-Man 2099).

I realized too late that that video was from Screen Culture's account.

Do NOT trust anything from that account and/or read the comments at least.

They make what they call "concept" trailers and will call it as such in their notes to ease some of the heat, but if it fools enough people to get them clicks, that's perfectly fine with them. If they weren't the clickbait a-holes that they are, they'd put the "concept" moniker on the title of the video, and not in small print under it.

EDIT: Notice how especially "bait-y" and totally misleading their still shot is.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I realized too late that that video was from Screen Culture's account.

Do NOT trust anything from that account and/or read the comments at least.

They make what they call "concept" trailers and will call it as such in their notes to ease some of the heat, but if it fools enough people to get them clicks, that's perfectly fine with them. If they weren't the clickbait a-holes that they are, they'd put the "concept" moniker on the title of the video, and not in small print under it.

EDIT: Notice how especially "bait-y" and totally misleading their still shot is.
Good catch. Reminded me of why I hate their site.

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I go back to the Steve Ditko/John Romita Spiderman era and find the art/animation really sub-par. Again, probably because I am old and out of the comics game for decades now, but I find the modern renderings so bad.

But, I may check it out some day when I am bored. Not at the theaters though.

OK, flame away...

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I go back to the Steve Ditko/John Romita Spiderman era and find the art/animation really sub-par. Again, probably because I am old and out of the comics game for decades now, but I find the modern renderings so bad.

But, I may check it out some day when I am bored. Not at the theaters though.

OK, flame away...
The style of these movies have been absolutely superb and masterful. And I’m an old comic book guy. But I also enjoy art and artistic evolution.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
Could be, I am just going off of that trailer and didn’t care for it. Different strokes I guess.

The animation was really good in the first Spider-verse movie. I'm assuming this one will be too since it looks to be the same style.

I agree with you though when it comes to the comic books. The artwork in the new ones doesn't hold up well when compared to older books.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Could be, I am just going off of that trailer and didn’t care for it. Different strokes I guess.
Just based on the trailer for the first one, I thought the animation looked like crap.

Ended up being one of the coolest visual experiences I had at the movies in a long time.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The style of these movies have been absolutely superb and masterful. And I’m an old comic book guy. But I also enjoy art and artistic evolution.
Just based on the trailer for the first one, I thought the animation looked like crap.

Ended up being one of the coolest visual experiences I had at the movies in a long time.
Maybe I will need to lay my geezerhood aside and check the first one out to see if I might like it. You guys are usually in my wheelhouse when it comes to movies. :thumbup:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe I will need to lay my geezerhood aside and check the first one out to see if I might like it. You guys are usually in my wheelhouse when it comes to movies. :thumbup:
It doesn’t hurt that it’s also a great freaking movie.

Reactions: TRW

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The animation was really good in the first Spider-verse movie. I'm assuming this one will be too since it looks to be the same style.

I agree with you though when it comes to the comic books. The artwork in the new ones doesn't hold up well when compared to older books.
I think there’s always been an ebb and flow over the decades. Different artists have massively different styles. There have certainly been some I’ve enjoyed more than others, but I always effectively ignored it for the value of story continuity.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
It’s definitely not the norm. It threw me for the first 5-10 minutes. But once I settled in and reframed my mindset I thought it was a visual explosion.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA