Spider-Man 3

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whatever. All I kept thinking while he was dancing around was "what a douchebag" and why is this in the movie. There are better ways to make him look like a jerk without having someone dancing in the streets.
I agree, but I also understand why Rami made him out to be such a cornball jackass -- There was a line in the movie from Doc Connors that said something about the symbiote enhancing the traits of its host while making it more aggressive. So, since Parker is a cheesy cornball when he's a nice guy, that's going to be multiplied tenfold when he's a jackass...and I guess that's supposed to equal a goth Barry Gibb.

Like I said, I didn't really care for it either, but it was done intentionally rather than a poor attempt at a tough guy.

Hollywood

is part black.
Reaction score
Mesa, Arizona, USA, Planet Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
I agree, but I also understand why Rami made him out to be such a cornball jackass -- There was a line in the movie from Doc Connors that said something about the symbiote enhancing the traits of its host while making it more aggressive. So, since Parker is a cheesy cornball when he's a nice guy, that's going to be multiplied tenfold when he's a jackass...and I guess that's supposed to equal a goth Barry Gibb.

Like I said, I didn't really care for it either, but it was done intentionally rather than a poor attempt at a tough guy.

Maybe I misspoke, typed?, when I said tough guy. I know it was more ego then tough but still just came across as cheesy and stupid. I think Rami did a bad job at trying to get his point across.

Hollywood

is part black.
Reaction score
Mesa, Arizona, USA, Planet Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
And I think you (and me) probably just didn't like his point. I think he did exactly what he wanted to do, but it was stupid.

I think youre right. The rest of the movie was good though. I just wish I didn't pay extra for the Imax version. Wasn't worth the extra money to see it on a giant screen. I did get to see the Star Wars Robot Chicken ad though. That was funny.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Glad I saw this for free. The writing was horribly bad. "Wicked Cool!" And Hal Fishman? In New York? :rolleyes:

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
Glad I saw this for free. The writing was horribly bad. "Wicked Cool!" And Hal Fishman? In New York? :rolleyes:

Yeah, I watched this last night and I kinda cringed when the kid said that. The story definitely wasn't up to par with the first two. The "bad Peter" bit was pretty cheesy too, but I still thought it was funny.

They should have had more of Venom. It seems like they just tossed him into the story so they could make some more fighting scenes.

Overall I enjoyed the movie. I never read the comics, so I don't pick up on any of the character inconsistencies and can just sit back and enjoy.