Sometimes the Race Goes to the Slow

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I agree with K9's point, no matter which way you cut it, if NFL players catch the virus at a similar rate as the current US rate somehow, someway, you are going to end up with one or more dead players. There has been more than enough evidence of what are described as perfectly healthy people who have sub-crumbed to the virus. Why would NFL players be an exception?
And this is all ignoring:

coaches, staff, media

morbidities - the permanent damage done to younger healthier people’s organs by Covid

families and resulting community spread

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
guys this is not rocket science.

Kerouac's math was based on 2 assumptions: every NFL player will get covid AND every NFL player will follow average death rate (.04%)

those two assumptions are misguided. why ignore the fact that they are younger people? why not use the average death rate for their age group and then do the math?

no NFL player will die, mark my words.
Not all about players. Not all about death. Why are you ignoring THOSE facts?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I absolutely believe athletes will get it and it will determine the outcome of the season because of the quarantine.

I also believe the death rate is very overstated right now. We are only testing those that get sick and the majority never even exhibit symptoms.

well this is no longer close to being accurate

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well this is no longer close to being accurate

Sorry I meant initially when the death figures were made we were testing the sick.

Now with increased testing mortality is falling

It doesnt mean it's not dangerous. I just believe the risk isn't bad for the athletes

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We have had multiple athletes contract it already. 4 Dbacks alone had it as asymptomatic.

Most that get it wouldn't even know without the enhanced testing.
Chris -Low mortality rates may be encouraging unless you're on of the unlucky few who get hammered.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson