Something occurred to me

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I don’t believe the second contract thing isn’t the best argument specifically for the Cardinals considering we consistently lack the foresight or desire to get deals done with guys who deserve second contracts. That’s a point you’ve harped on with Keim repeatedly.
IMO Kirk and Reddick fall into a different category than guys we just decided we could upgrade with someone like, I dunno, Kelvin Beachum.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Earning a second with the same team or earning a second contract period? All the guys I named are legit NFL players who will have started multiple games. And even seasons, with us or another team. For third round picks that’s like 7 of 12. That’s better than expected.
I don’t really care if he’s a hall of Famer for another team if he didn’t show he’s worth keeping around and that like Chad Williams would be an adequate replacement.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Earning a second with the same team or earning a second contract period? All the guys I named are legit NFL players who will have started multiple games. And even seasons, with us or another team. For third round picks that’s like 7 of 12. That’s better than expected.
I don't think that is the bar. I just consider him more of a journeyman than a stud.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I don't. Hasn't made a pro bowl, hasn't made him self even a solid #2 in the league, let alone a 1. He was a good draft pick, but definitely not a stud.
Maybe stud was too strong. I just checked his stats. I thought he had another 1,000 yard season. Still, if injuries and sickle cell didn’t derail him he was an excellent pick.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I don’t really care if he’s a hall of Famer for another team if he didn’t show he’s worth keeping around and that like Chad Williams would be an adequate replacement.
I think your line of reasoning is faulty because it’s not based on the players ability but rather Keim’s evaluation of the player.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I don't think that is the bar. I just consider him more of a journeyman than a stud.
That wasn’t the bar I was setting for stud. It was the bar I was setting for the group of Roberts, Cole, and Allen. They’re legitimate NFL rotation, and sometime starter, players. Plus smoke who was a good player when healthy and two studs in DJ and badger.

Again, .500 in the third round with two studs, likely doesn’t feel exciting, but it’s likely better than the majority of GMs. And recall I can’t stand keim.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe stud was too strong. I just checked his stats. I thought he had another 1,000 yard season. Still, if injuries and sickle cell didn’t derail him he was an excellent pick.
I still like the pick. He arguably the best receiver Keim has drafted.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That wasn’t the bar I was setting for stud. It was the bar I was setting for the group of Roberts, Cole, and Allen. They’re legitimate NFL rotation, and sometime starter, players. Plus smoke who was a good player when healthy and two studs in DJ and badger.

Again, .500 in the third round with two studs, likely doesn’t feel exciting, but it’s likely better than the majority of GMs. And recall I can’t stand keim.
Right, which is why I thought Smoke belonged there instead. Minor disagreement at best.

Me either on Keim. I think overall Keim has done better than average with 2/3rd round picks and well below average on the rest.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave