Some quick notes from Red/White Practice

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Please stop.

Murray could potentially end up like almost every other Air Raid QB who put up eye-boggling numbers in college while being exposed as Kliff Kingsbury at the next level.

Murray could also be caught in a vortex of an execrable offensive line and develop bad habits that he'll never break.

It's way too soon for you be placing the same endorsement on Kyler Murry that you were SO SURE ABOUT with Johnny Football.

You know what I'm sure about?

The Cardinals havent had a good young QB in many ages.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Not trying to turn this into another debate thread, but I think calling that "dinosaur thinking" instead of "statistics" is a weird route to go with it.
Naw my thinking wasn’t based on stats. It was based on historical bias. Not saying it’s your perspective but I recognized it as mine at the time.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
The two biggest weaknesses on the team are offensive line and defensive line. You don’t build a contender by skimping on players in the trenches.

I understand that Murray is the shiny new toy that has everyone ecstatic, but he’s going to be on his ass more than people think.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
The two biggest weaknesses on the team are offensive line and defensive line. You don’t build a contender by skimping on players in the trenches.

I understand that Murray is the shiny new toy that has everyone ecstatic, but he’s going to be on his ass more than people think.

QB >>>>>>>OL/DL

Not saying neither matters, but it's much harder to find a competent QB than a competent OL/DL.

Murray isnt the "shiny new toy". He's the future of the franchise.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm hopeful for Murray but Rosen wasn't given a fair shake here. Let us proceed.

Rosen was terrible
If u have the talent u can have a rough start but then u have to show some progress even with a mediocre cast around u, Rosen regressed week by week
Thats why they decided to move on
When a player doesn't show any improvements there is not much hope ahead, it's not just about talent but more about mentality and confidence

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
4 of our first 4 picks next year should be in the trenches. Well, at least 3.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
To be fair it might be helpful to know why. Who exactly was beaten, by whom, were there stunts, was it speed or power that seems to disrupt, etc. it’s not like what he requested was out in left field. Although the insult about being poorly written was uncalled for and not helpful.
I will put money on that it was Justin Pugh getting whooped.

Guy should be a groundskeeper when he retires since he gets a good view of the grass on a majority of plays.

That guy sucks.

Sent from my mystical communication warp drive device thingy

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
A QB worth anything would have transcended it. Rosen didn't. He was horrible.
I wouldn't write off Rosen just yet. If he continues to progress as a QB "in a straight line, he could develop into a Palmer-caliber QB.

Unfortunately, it's equally likely that he'll be gobbled up by the "mediocrity monster" and quietly fade into the sunset.

While I'm not so sure the same dynamic couldn't apply to Murray, I think he offers a higher, more explosive upside under the tutilege of a more creative HC.

( I like my QB's to have brass cojones and "gunfighter eyes").

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Murray isnt the "shiny new toy".

Sure, sounds, reads, TV'd, hot take'd, and pod casted like it on a national level.

Not that there is anything wrong with it.

But, shiny new offensive head coach, with a shiny new offense, and a shiny new QB it is.

Got everyone talking about around the league, and everyone is watching to see if it works.

Sent from my mystical communication warp drive device thingy

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Murray isnt the "shiny new toy". He's the future of the franchise.

This has been said about the likes of Leinart, Kolb, Rosen, and others. None of whom panned out for one reason or another.

I doubt Murray will be a bust, but it’s far too early to anoint him as the man of the future. People were tripping over each other to do the same with Leinart, only to be sorely disappointed 4 years later. Can we get through preseason first? His rookie season? Hell, I’m not even going to draw a conclusion about him for a couple of years at least.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
OP
OP
kerouac9

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Right. And after seeing a real good young QB and going back and pouring over the truth, I realized I was wrong.

I was wrong about Rosen. I was initially wrong about Murray. But then I saw and heard enough evidence that Murray is going to be great.
Murray can still be better than Rosen, and Rosen doesn’t have to be garbage. Murray can be a better prospect than Rosen and both can be excellent prospects.

I know this is difficult to understand for someone who said that the Raps both had and did not have a championship roster before they got Kawhi.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
This has been said about the likes of Leinart, Kolb, Rosen, and others. None of whom panned out for one reason or another.

Not a damn one of those guys throw the football as well as Murray.

He has a stronger arm, faster release, and is more accurate.

He works harder.

And none of this even approaches his athletic ability.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Murray can still be better than Rosen, and Rosen doesn’t have to be garbage. Murray can be a better prospect than Rosen and both can be excellent prospects.

I know this is difficult to understand for someone who said that the Raps both had and did not have a championship roster before they got Kawhi.

LOL I dont know how you cant grasp the statement I made about the Raptors. You're a pretty smart guy...the Raptors had a very deep team...but they wouldnt sniff a championship without Kawhi, no shot. The roster (meaning depth and role players) was championship caliber.

I think Rosen CAN be a good NFL QB. Andy Daltonesque.

I think Murray can be transcendent. I'm confident that the Murray Derangement Syndrome crowd are going to be eating lots of crow.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
LOL I dont know how you cant grasp the statement I made about the Raptors. You're a pretty smart guy...the Raptors had a very deep team...but they wouldnt sniff a championship without Kawhi, no shot. The roster (meaning depth and role players) was championship caliber.

I think Rosen CAN be a good NFL QB. Andy Daltonesque.

I think Murray can be transcendent. I'm confident that the Murray Derangement Syndrome crowd are going to be eating lots of crow.
If Rosen could be Andy Daltonesque then that’s not a good NFL QB.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson