Some more ROY stuff

thegrahamcrackr

Reaction score
This was printed in the tribune today. I found it kind of funny, however not surprising.

Houston newspaper poll shows Stoudemire 2nd
By Mike Tulumello, Tribune
Yao Ming has more support among media members than among players and coaches for rookie of the year.
That's good for Yao, bad for Amare Stoudemire.

An informal survey of media members by the Houston Chronicle showed the Rockets center with 19 votes and the Suns rookie next with seven.

Another informal survey of players, coaches and media members taken last month by the Tribune, asking for opinions on the top rookie this season, came in with the opposite feeling: an 18-5 margin for Stoudemire.

In the Tribune survey, opinion was mixed among media members, while players and coaches were overwhelmingly in favor of Stoudemire.

The real test will come in April, when more than 100 media members will vote. Many of them may decide based on who helps get their team into the playoffs.

The Suns and Rockets, who meet Sunday night in Houston, are battling for the No. 8 (and final) spot in the West.

http://eastvalleytribune.com/index.php?sty=1805

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
Agh, the media decides? I thought it was a combo of coaches AND media.

Well, kiss Amare winning the ROY goodbye.

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

thegrahamcrackr

Reaction score
i am almost positive that the media decides all the post year awards. Certain people, the article said like 100 i think, get a ballot with choices for all the awards.

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Well, Dejuan Wagner is out of the ROY contest. He is having season ending surgery to repair torn cartilage in his knee.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
If the Suns make playoffs, and the Rocket miss playoffs, they'll probably give co-ROY to Yao and Amare. Any other way, it's Yao.

OP
OP
T

thegrahamcrackr

Reaction score
I always wanted a co ROY, but as someone else said (cant remember who) it is so hard to actually get it. I mean, you have to have a split vote. The chances of 100 people voting, and the two leaders getting hte same amount of votes isn't very good. I personally think that Amare lost his edge with those first handful of games right after the break that weren't so good. However, if he can get back into his form he had late dec. and early jan. for this last stretch I think he will get it, unless Yao just takes off.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA