Some Help for the Old Guy for Netflix

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've just joined the 21st century by purchasing an Amazon Fire Stick so that I can stream movies. However, when I go to Netflix streaming (which I pay $9 a month for), I noticed that they really don't have a lot of stuff to stream (as compared to the DVDs they offer). Am I doing something wrong, or does my $9 for 2 TV HD streaming really not buy me a lot?

Catlover

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I've just joined the 21st century by purchasing an Amazon Fire Stick so that I can stream movies. However, when I go to Netflix streaming (which I pay $9 a month for), I noticed that they really don't have a lot of stuff to stream (as compared to the DVDs they offer). Am I doing something wrong, or does my $9 for 2 TV HD streaming really not buy me a lot?

It doesn't buy you what it used to but there's still quite a lot out there although it's not always easy to find. We use instantwatcher.com to help us find something when we don't have a specific title in mind but anymore, we primarily use Netflix for TV shows. Their movie catalog used to be so much better but they were too successful and the studios and movie networks sort of declared war on them.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A lot of TV shows, original programming, and some decent movies if you look for them. Use the Search feature and type in an actor's name or keywords for a title...it will bring up a lot of suggestions. There are also websites out there with movies being added/removed so you can keep up with what is available.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

the DVD selections is far more vast than the streaming library.

I find that the TV selection is better than the movie selection but you should have categories and genres you can sort through.

SO91

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
There are ways to open up a bigger selection. Go to a place like http://www.moreflicks.com and search for the movie or show you're interested in watching. You can specify only the US options, or see what's available everywhere else. Then you can use a DNS service to change your location and be able to access anything that is location-blocked. You can also use a browser extension like Hola Unblocker on Chrome (what I use) and change your location whenever you log into Netflix on your browser.

OP
OP
UncleChris

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are ways to open up a bigger selection. Go to a place like http://www.moreflicks.com and search for the movie or show you're interested in watching. You can specify only the US options, or see what's available everywhere else. Then you can use a DNS service to change your location and be able to access anything that is location-blocked. You can also use a browser extension like Hola Unblocker on Chrome (what I use) and change your location whenever you log into Netflix on your browser.

Is what you suggest here legal? I'm not being a wise guy here.... it just sounds a bit hinky to me..... :shrug:

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Considering netflix was a tad confusing, I would think the changing country codes and etc is a bit far fetched for right now :)

SO91

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

SO91

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Considering netflix was a tad confusing, I would think the changing country codes and etc is a bit far fetched for right now :)

VPN, DNS, or a Chrome extension are not that complicated. I think UC can figure it out if he so chooses. Plenty of options and info to be found online as well :)