So, who do you think we draft 2nd round, or rather position

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
We're drafting Jahan Dotson, and till Peter Schrager is wrong after being right the last four years (one would think his friendship with guys in the Cardinals FO would tell him to lay off a bit with the info by now), there is no use contemplating anyone else unless the question is "who do we draft" in the first if Dotson is already off the board. I believe it will be the best available 2nd round pass rusher, since the Cards are making, or at least not showing they are, an effort to sign a free agent vet. If it was up to me, that first pick would be a guard while taking a WR later, hoping to draft Zion Johnson, but it appears the Cards are content with what they already have now on the OL

So, my real question is rather, who are the best edge rushers, any guy actually who can get to the QB, which might be around and warrant that second pick... what have you ASFN brain trust

Last edited:

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
I think the following is one likely draft for the Cards. It all comes down to who is available when we pick of course. All 3 of these guys could easily be gone, but if not, could be decent picks for us in my opinion.

R1 - Tyler Linderbaum (C/OG) Iowa
R2 - Christian Watson (WR) North Dakota State
R3 - Nik Bonitto (DE/OLB) Oklahoma

This just happens to be the 3 positions in order of their importance as voted on in last week's poll.

Last edited:

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I think the following is one likely draft for the Cards. It all comes down to who is available when we pick of course. All 3 of these guys could easily be gone, but if not, could be decent picks for us in my opinion.

This just happens to be the 3 positions in order of their importance as voted on in last week's poll.
Linderbaum would be the worst use of our first pick.
He is small and weak... skills are great, but they don't overcome the fact that he is small and weak.
Remember Lyle Sendlein? That's the floor for Linderbaum...but the ceiling isn't much higher. His size and lack of raw strength limits how far he can go in the NFL.
Look up his tape against Wisconsin... this guy, #94... he is so nobody that when I looked up their roster they didn't even have a 94 listed...but he threw Linderbaum around like a rag doll, ran him over...

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I like the Watson pick. l’d pick the BPA or

3 positions - BPA or Best Available Pass Rusher at #23, Watson in 2nd (love the pick) and highest risk BPA in 3rd.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
These are all nice and make sense, some more than others... but not in the first, since we are drafting that Doston guy lol

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I've read that pundits don't believe Linderbaum can play G so he is strictly going to play C.

I don't think there is any lock for us at #23. So much can happen ahead to where guys who we think will be there won't be. I think it ends up being like last year where we took Collins because top guys on Keim's big board were gone so rather than trade down he took Collins. I could see #23 being a reach because all the top WR's and Zion Johnson are off the board. A trade down is starting to make a lot of sense because you pick up more picks and less of a chance for a reach pick at #23.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Edge & WR in rounds 1 & 2.
I pretty much agree with this. Not sure the order.

(This is what I think they will do, not what I necessarily want them to do.)

OP
OP
Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
I've read that pundits don't believe Linderbaum can play G so he is strictly going to play C.

I don't think there is any lock for us at #23. So much can happen ahead to where guys who we think will be there won't be. I think it ends up being like last year where we took Collins because top guys on Keim's big board were gone so rather than trade down he took Collins. I could see #23 being a reach because all the top WR's and Zion Johnson are off the board. A trade down is starting to make a lot of sense because you pick up more picks and less of a chance for a reach pick at #23.
I am calling a lock unless Dotson is not there because any guy who can get a team's first round pick right not just once but four times in a row is being feed info from the top of a franchise's proverbial food chain of information. Just getting it right twice in a row is means to take notice but four times in a row is Gospel till proven otherwise... that is why for the moment I am laughing "oh well" on the first because of Schrager and asking what would you do then for our second pick provided it's Dotson in the first

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think they will go WR if one of the 6 top WRs is there: Garrett Wilson, Jameson Williams, Chris Olave, Drake London, Treylon Burks, or Jahan Dotson. In round 2, I see them going edge rusher. I am clueless on who will be there or who that could be. I do agree with Jetstream Green that there is no lock at #23 for the Cards. Very odd draft with many players very equal in talent and one of the weakest QB classes in quite a while.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
If we go WR in round 1 then we probably will go EDGE/DL/OL in round 2. CB could be a good fit too but I think we are filling some immediate needs with our early picks this year and those are the spots that look to have decent players available.

DL will be tough because I don't love the group as a whole. But if Logan Hall is available or Jones out of UCONN, I think we snatch them up.

I agree with you that if Schrager says we like someone, we like someone because his source is Kliff (lol).

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
This doesn't mean we may not like Dotson in round 2 vs round 1, but believe that we like Dotson.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This doesn't mean we may not like Dotson in round 2 vs round 1, but believe that we like Dotson.
I like Watson in round 2 and either a DT or Edge guy in round 1.

We’re going to be one need-guy short in the first 3 rounds- am willing to sacrifice a CB if we have to - i.e. roll the dice by waiting til the later rounds before drafting a CB. This because no CB really stands out but a lot seem trustworthy.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Edge & WR in rounds 1 & 2.
free agency, or lack thereof -- points that way

given the depth in the edge class, there is probably a good one there at 23

if there isn't, it probably means a really good WR is there instead

this seems like a better first round than last years --- last year, i felt like there were 12 or 13 players and was hoping a few teams above the Cards did something unexpected. They didn't.

this year, it seems like there are good players down into the late 20s

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Come on guys, don't forget its Keim. He will have only one thing on his mind when it comes near our pick: Run Forest, Run!

What about one of these 3 in the 2nd or 3rd: Ebiketie, Bonitto, DeMarvin Leal, or Paschal? Wasn't Leal ranked allot higher a few weeks ago? I once thought he was a top 20 prospect. Has he been sliding? Why? Any good?

Last edited:

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think Keim is going to try to make some moves. Probably back to get extra picks, which makes it tough to predict how this draft pans out.

Plus, I think this draft in general is going to be way off from the mocks. I think there are guys the league will be way higher on and much lower on that analysts have them.

I wouldn't be surprised to see 5-6 guys go in round 1 that most don't have near it.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Why no love for Drake Jackson? He has great length, bend and burst. He's raw in hand technique but you can learn that. He's very comfortable dropping into coverage and USC did that with him a lot.

He's a prototype 3-4 OLB. Versatile, quick, long. A 4 star recruit and 3rd ranked edge that year. Just turned 21 a week ago. He's the youngest Edge in this class.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited:

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think Keim is going to try to make some moves. Probably back to get extra picks, which makes it tough to predict how this draft pans out.

Plus, I think this draft in general is going to be way off from the mocks. I think there are guys the league will be way higher on and much lower on that analysts have them.

I wouldn't be surprised to see 5-6 guys go in round 1 that most don't have near it.
Not sure if Keim will trade back but agree with you that there is a lot of uncertainty on who goes where or when. Some players may be picked that seems like reaches but may actually turn out to be decent players. Bottom line for me this is a very hard draft to predict what will happen or who will be there at #23 when the Cards pick.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Late NFLN mock by Zurlein has the Cards the only team trading back in round one. Not that I think Zurlein is some sort of “uber drafter.” rather simply a potential indicator of which direction the late buzz is going..

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose