So, who do you think we draft 2nd round, or rather position

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Edge & WR in rounds 1 & 2.
free agency, or lack thereof -- points that way

given the depth in the edge class, there is probably a good one there at 23

if there isn't, it probably means a really good WR is there instead

this seems like a better first round than last years --- last year, i felt like there were 12 or 13 players and was hoping a few teams above the Cards did something unexpected. They didn't.

this year, it seems like there are good players down into the late 20s

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Come on guys, don't forget its Keim. He will have only one thing on his mind when it comes near our pick: Run Forest, Run!

What about one of these 3 in the 2nd or 3rd: Ebiketie, Bonitto, DeMarvin Leal, or Paschal? Wasn't Leal ranked allot higher a few weeks ago? I once thought he was a top 20 prospect. Has he been sliding? Why? Any good?

Last edited:

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think Keim is going to try to make some moves. Probably back to get extra picks, which makes it tough to predict how this draft pans out.

Plus, I think this draft in general is going to be way off from the mocks. I think there are guys the league will be way higher on and much lower on that analysts have them.

I wouldn't be surprised to see 5-6 guys go in round 1 that most don't have near it.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Why no love for Drake Jackson? He has great length, bend and burst. He's raw in hand technique but you can learn that. He's very comfortable dropping into coverage and USC did that with him a lot.

He's a prototype 3-4 OLB. Versatile, quick, long. A 4 star recruit and 3rd ranked edge that year. Just turned 21 a week ago. He's the youngest Edge in this class.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited:

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think Keim is going to try to make some moves. Probably back to get extra picks, which makes it tough to predict how this draft pans out.

Plus, I think this draft in general is going to be way off from the mocks. I think there are guys the league will be way higher on and much lower on that analysts have them.

I wouldn't be surprised to see 5-6 guys go in round 1 that most don't have near it.
Not sure if Keim will trade back but agree with you that there is a lot of uncertainty on who goes where or when. Some players may be picked that seems like reaches but may actually turn out to be decent players. Bottom line for me this is a very hard draft to predict what will happen or who will be there at #23 when the Cards pick.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Late NFLN mock by Zurlein has the Cards the only team trading back in round one. Not that I think Zurlein is some sort of “uber drafter.” rather simply a potential indicator of which direction the late buzz is going..

Last edited: