Snoop Dogg: Ronald Reagan to Blame For L.A. Gang Violence

Discussion in 'Politics and Religion' started by 40yearfan, Mar 23, 2015.

1. 40yearfan

40yearfan DEFENSE!!!! Contributor

PWI? You are making no sense what-so-ever.

2. cheesebeef

cheesebeef Registered User Contributor

Don't know... he should have blamed both.

LOL... okay 40. Keep on trucking with your hypocrisy. But the next time you chide a liberal for not being tolerant of other people's views, just remember...

IT AIN'T NO FUNNN... IF THE HOMEY'S CAN'T HAAAAAAAVE NONE!

3. Beaver

Beaver Maximum Effort

So you never blame Obama for the Affordable Care Act, right? Since congress wrote it and he just signed it?

4. Brian

Brian PANEM ET CIRCENSES

I've stayed out of this thread completely, but aren't you being a little disingenuous here?

Compton today might be nice and rebounded but in the time frame that Snoop is talking about (80's) wasn't South Central and Compton ghetto central? Isn't that the reason for the album Straight Outta Compton and the movie South Central? Songs from that album **** the Police and Gangsta Gangsta.

Wasn't Boyz in the Hood supposed to be set in South Central?

I mean if South Central and Compton were all nicey-nice in the 80's would those bits of entertainment even exist?

BTW- I thought Snoop was from Long Beach, but I could be wrong.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2015
  5. 40yearfan

It was a Democrat Senate and House that wrote it, so it was all Democrats responsible for it. The Democrats own it, lock, stock and barrel and Obama is a Democrat.

6. 40yearfan

You just admitted I was right and then you call me a hypocrite. You must be PWI also.

7. cheesebeef

cheesebeef Registered User Contributor

okay 40.

8. BigRedRage

BigRedRage Reckless Contributor

I had a lot to say, you just chose not to have the conversation and to ignore anything I said because you are stubborn in your beliefs.

However, since the way I do things, the choices I make and the actions I follow make you think I'm some sort of POS, it's all irrelevant anyway.

9. DemsMyBoys

DemsMyBoys Registered

Yep, Snoop is from Long Beach. Most cities in the L.A. area aren't distinctive so, aside from street signs, it's difficult to determine where one stops and another begins.

I was attempting to tell 40 a little bit about life in the area and why Snoop said what he said. Are there gangs? Yes. Are there people who get up every morning and go to work? Yes. Most people know nothing about South Central but what they've seen through the media. Which is often sensationalized. Showing a bunch of gangbangers or rappers is going to sell more soap than showing a guy washing his car and mowing his lawn on Saturday morning.

In the 80's, like today, there were housing projects with ganbangers in South Central. In the 80's, like today, there were also streets full of single family houses with families. Was it all nicey-nicey in the 80's? Nope. The music from South Central reflects that.

I was trying (and obviously failing) to show 40 that his attitude about entitlement is a stereotype. I was trying to show that life in South Central is not (and never has been) all about gangbangers. Or rappers. Or people sitting around all day saying, "Give me. Give me. Give me." Long Beach and Compton and Watts and Carson have always had solidly working/middle class families doing the things every working/middle class families do. It's an area with small businesses and strip malls with donut shops and family-owned pastrami stands. (Best in the country!) The gang culture, which definitely increased during the 80's, is a part of those towns.

Lol, Had Snoop been from Boston, I would never have joined this thread.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2015
  10. DemsMyBoys

DemsMyBoys Registered

Nope. But I sometimes wonder the same about you. :D

11. Brian

Brian PANEM ET CIRCENSES

Awesome. Thank you.

12. Rivercard

Rivercard Too much good stuff

Yep. Take the couple mile drive down Cherry Ave from the California Heights area of Long Beach down to the beach and you'll see it all. Starting with neighborhoods of beautiful historic spanish homes, then weaving through that part of town where you roll up your windows and lock the doors, then finally hitting the artsy and ultra expensive homes right near the beach.

13. Gee!

Gee! BirdGang Contributor

Dems got it right.. I had some homeboys that came Compton to my side (WestSide).. Back in the day..

We all have good hearts. And trying to make the best for our families. At least I hope everyone does..

14. 40yearfan

Do you have a problem with Snoop Dog's misogynist song lyrics and his problem with authority figures? And I challenge you to show me where I said ALL people on entitlements are slackers. Do you believe that every single person on welfare truly deserves it and there are no cheaters?

Last edited: Mar 28, 2015
  15. Gee!

Gee! BirdGang Contributor

Was the leader singer Jew and everyone thought Kiss was devil worshipers? At the end of the day it is entertainment. And it is up to parents to teach kids what they are hearing.. Only thing is.. Gangsta rap told of what was going on in parts of America, that most people were not aware of.. Nothing is perfect.. But we also cant go around letting things go unchecked..