Snap Counts - Week 4...heyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Imma get hot on this one, but here we go.

Offense (57)

QB
Murray - 57

RB
Drake - 37
Edmonds - 24

TE
Arnold - 31
Daniels - 27
Thomas - 1

WR
Hopkins - 54
Fitzgerald - 53
Kirk - 36
Isabella - 24

OL
Humphries - 57
Pugh - 47
Cole - 57
Sweezy - 52
Beachum - 57
Murray - 6
Garcia - 10

Defense (77)

DL
Peters - 47
Phillips - 46
Blackson - 41
Allen - 57
Lawrence - 13
Fotu - 22

LB
Hicks - 77
Campbell - 77
Jones - 77
Reddick - 44
Fitts - 12
Simmons - 10

CB
Peterson - 76
Murphy - 65
Kirkpatrick - 31

S
DThompson - 59
Riley - 61
Washington - 32

Observations...

1- This starts the same place it did last week, Isaiah Simmons. Let's list defensive players who got more snaps than Simmons...OR better yet, let's list dudes that got less...on wait, no player who played on defense played less snaps than Simmons. What a crap show this is, and there is no excuse. Trying to ensure he is successful...nice cover Kliff. If there was ever a reason to fire Vance and Keim, this collaborative cluster is reason #1. One dude can't figure out the draft and the other dude can't adjust his scheme to fit unique players.

2 - Reddick is obviously Kennard's backup and showed that 44 snaps is about 14 - 20 too many. IF he isn't going straight forward, he isn't going to be successful.

3 - In a week where we at the bottom of the barrel at S we only played 3 CBs. You can't make this stuff up.

4 - Allen got the most snaps at DL which is likely a matchup thing. Peters seems to have a number he plays at.

5 - Pretty obvious that Johnson last week played Kirk's snaps. Kirk had a similar share this week, Isabella kept about the same, and Johnson got zero.

6 - I expect to see a 60/40 snap split between Drake and Edmonds unless Drake shows something better than he has shown in the first 4 weeks. Long story short, this season at the transition tag might be his big payday which I know will be a bummer for him.

Not too much else here. We have a pretty consistent rotation that we play and the backups are becoming pretty clear. We tend to keep players in their roles vs switch them up as demonstrated by Daniels, Isabella, Johnson, and Reddick. My hatred for Vance is growing by the day and my patience regarding Keim is going as well. Between watching the limitations of our offensive line, the regression of Kyler, and our lack of use of Simmons, I feel that pick is just another wasted opportunity. When I say that, I do so because this franchise hangs on Kyler Murray and his success. We had an opportunity to give him more support and instead we gave an all in one multi-tool to a toddler.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Riley had more snaps the Thompson despite Riley being trash and Thompson being Ok-ish. Fitts with 2 more snaps than Simmons. SMH.

I just don't get Vance's thought process.

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
here to say Im becoming more worried about Simmons. its not november yet but color me worried.

and im 99% of the way to joining the fire Vance bandwagon

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Riley had more snaps the Thompson despite Riley being trash and Thompson being Ok-ish. Fitts with 2 more snaps than Simmons. SMH.

I just don't get Vance's thought process.
There's no thought process to understand. He's just throwing crap on the wall, to see what sticks.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
57 offensive snaps is going to be what has Kliff pulling his hair out. Just not being able to execute and get first downs means he can’t do the things he wants to do.

Shouldn't he have a plan B? Guys have made a valid point about Kyler playing poorly limiting what Kliff can do but when things aren't working he seems to just carry on doing the same things and hoping they start to work. Whether it be the play calls or the personnel.

• Drake is getting 2.7 yards per, so lets keep running him.
  • Larry can't get a catch, chuck him out there again he can block (he can't, he had so many poor blocks yesterday)
  • -15 yards on screens so far? I'm sure this next one will work.
  • B gap runs netting you 1 yard per? Let's get some more of those lovely B gap power runs.
Kyler is playing bad for sure, but Kliff needs a better game plan to start and a plan B if it goes wrong.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Something is very wrong with our run game.

Do you realize Detroit and Carolina were the two worst teams against the run before we played them - and we got nothing going.

I don't really understand what is going on other than Max Williams being out - who is an excellent run blocker.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score

Do you realize Detroit and Carolina were the two worst teams against the run before we played them - and we got nothing going.

I don't really understand what is going on other than Max Williams being out - who is an excellent run blocker.

You know what opens up the run game? Downfield passes...just like last year. Need to take more intermediate and deep shots. Also, they are running that zone blocking scheme, but seem to be pushing Drake too far out...he needs more cutback lanes. With Edmonds it's just straight ahead and see how far he can push somebody. They are different runners.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

In both games the defense keyed in on the underneath pass game and were wary of stopping Kyler running. Both those things also make it tough to open up the run ga,e because you have a lot of people with eyes on the LOS ready to pounce.

Without a more expansive passing game its hard to open up the run game. But also Drake hasn't been very good.

Minski

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Also just looked it up and Simmons (10) had 1 tackle, which tied for 12th on the team along with Blackson (41), Reddick (44), Fotu (22). Fitts (12) had 0 tackles. Fire Vance end of story

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Riley shouldn't see the field in any cases, but this a problem when u have an old mentality coach that put his schemes above anything

This is different than a sport like the NBA where a coach must adapt to the players and the coach is more easily replaced

OP
OP
Chopper0080

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Instead of giving our #8 pick valuable reps, we signed a guy, let him get torched, and then released him. What a piece of work Vance is. I wonder if Keim released Riley to force his hand a bit.