Smoking

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just over 1 week smoke free. Glad I got some help from the state smoking cessation program, it's really helped and was pretty cheap.

Good luck. It's not easy but it's nowhere near as difficult as people make it out to be. It's just that the cues for smoking are everywhere.

Steve

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just over 1 week smoke free. Glad I got some help from the state smoking cessation program, it's really helped and was pretty cheap.

Great news, LVG! Stay strong, I know you can do it. :clapping:

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have not chewed tobacco since Thanksgiving weekend. Tonight, I would really like a chew...badly. About three weeks ago I craved for a whole week. Don't understand it.

Do you smokers still crave a cigarette? It's been months and I still struggle at times. I love the taste, I miss it. Why can't it be good for you dang it! lol

I quit a year ago and I still go through cravings. Chewing changes the chemistry in your mouth and, I suspect, the way your brain relates just about anything. It also doesn't help there's a ridiculously strong oral fixation related to chewing, not just chemical dependency.

I suggest finding something else. I have to do double the amount of mini-lozenges sometimes to stay afloat. Someday I'll quit the lozenges, but it's really, really hard.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good luck to all of you--I hope you're able to. My oldest daughter has quit smoking again; put her on Chantix. It's been a week or two since her last cigarette. Last time she quit, she had taken Chantix, and then one day someone offered her one, and she said she didn't even want it but smoked it anyway. That was all it took. I'm glad she's trying again.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have not had a real cigarette in about 6 months or so. I really enjoyed smoking but I didn't like smelling like an ashtray.

I switched to an electronic cigarette. It is something I highly recommend to anyone who really wants to quit. I went to an ecig store on Dysart just north of Grand. I ended up spending about $120.00 on a starter kit with about a months worth of e-juice. You can get juice with different flavors and nicotine strengths.

I now spend about $65.00 a month on juice and cartomizers. It's a big savings for me and I am no longer inhaling the tar and other nasty stuff in a real cig. There is no smell because it's not really smoke. Your inhaling a vapor. I hope this helps someone else and good luck quitting your analog cigs.
I bought one of these likes 2 years ago and instantly went from 1.5 packs a day down to about 4-7. Sadly, it stopped working 3 weeks later, could only get little tiny drags that were not satisfying.

Buying another one soon and giving it another go.

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
Several years ago I quite cold turkey, but I still chew the nicorrette gum. Down to just 4 pieces per day now :)

LVG

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good luck to all of you--I hope you're able to. My oldest daughter has quit smoking again; put her on Chantix. It's been a week or two since her last cigarette. Last time she quit, she had taken Chantix, and then one day someone offered her one, and she said she didn't even want it but smoked it anyway. That was all it took. I'm glad she's trying again.

That's what happened the first time I quit smoking - I was smoke free for about 2 years, then found myself in a highly stressful situation where smoking was tacitly encouraged. Picked up the habit again.

Now I won't hang around people who smoke, or put myself in that situation again. I've had to explain to some friends that it's not them, it's me, but if they light up I'm leaving. Can't risk relapsing again.

LVG

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Still not smoking, but since I went off the anti-smoking meds I can tell there's a difference in cravings. If I didn't have such an adverse reaction to the meds I would have stayed on them for another month as recommended, but it wasn't a choice.

1 month smoke free as of tomorrow.

DemsMyBoys

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Still not smoking, but since I went off the anti-smoking meds I can tell there's a difference in cravings. If I didn't have such an adverse reaction to the meds I would have stayed on them for another month as recommended, but it wasn't a choice.

1 month smoke free as of tomorrow.

I'm trusting you made it. Congrats!

LVG

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, made it Dems.

Still not smoking. Though with relatives still in the house, I've really wanted to start again, lol.

LVG

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Still smoke free. Though in my dreams lately I've been smoking. Not sure what that means.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Still smoke free. Though in my dreams lately I've been smoking. Not sure what that means.

As long as the bed's not on fire when you wake up, I think you're okay here. Congratulations on quitting smoking. Now, you get to live with it the rest of your life. It's not that hard but you'll probably never be more than a few minutes away from the next temptation.

Steve

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so a few weeks ago me and the wife got e cigarettes and pledged a starter of no more smoking unless 2 hours have went by.

I have successfully cut down to about 9-10 a day from 25+ a day. My goal is to slowly ween to e cigarettes only and then deal with those as needed. Even if I simply switch, I am better off.

The patches, gums and etc do nothing for me as my addiction is to smoking itself so these have really helped.

We have been kicking around the idea of going to every 3 hours instead of two or quitting smoking at work and doing 2 hr intervals at home but I struggle here and there still witht he 2 hour so not sure which route to take.

SO91

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
so a few weeks ago me and the wife got e cigarettes and pledged a starter of no more smoking unless 2 hours have went by.

I have successfully cut down to about 9-10 a day from 25+ a day. My goal is to slowly ween to e cigarettes only and then deal with those as needed. Even if I simply switch, I am better off.

The patches, gums and etc do nothing for me as my addiction is to smoking itself so these have really helped.

We have been kicking around the idea of going to every 3 hours instead of two or quitting smoking at work and doing 2 hr intervals at home but I struggle here and there still witht he 2 hour so not sure which route to take.

Which e cig are you using?

Hollywood

is part black.
Reaction score
Mesa, Arizona, USA, Planet Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

Congrats on making the choice to quit. And good luck to you both.