Slightly Off Topic: Is NFL draft guru Todd McShay not healthy?

Lomax to Green 84

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I just watched Sportscenter this morning and Todd McShay was talking draft stuff. I couldn’t believe how bloated his face looked. Is he battling an illness or something?

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I just watched Sportscenter this morning and Todd McShay was talking draft stuff. I couldn’t believe how bloated his face looked. Is he battling an illness or something?
I've noticed him ballooning up a little too. Probably a combo of age... maybe drinking more.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It’s been weeks since they’ve had a new episode of the draft podcast with him and Kiper I’ve been wondering why

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Hopefully he is fine.

I probably look bloated as well due to eating and drinking too much while quaratined. :)

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There are a number of illnesses that require steroids in treatment and patients tend to bloat.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
He also has an infant, I think. Lot of stuff being re-shuffled in Bristol. I’m sure his makeup artist isn’t quarantined with him.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
The other day on the Sports Center mock draft special, they were going over his mock 4.o, but it was with Kiper ... thought that was odd.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I don't know if he has any inherent health problems, but I've noticed over the past few years that his face has been getting fatter. It's a pretty big change to how he was when he started being Mel's foil.

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
man, hope he gets better. Must be pretty serious to have to miss this

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
He has Covid-19 or at least Corona Virus and can't take part. Was posted on twitter.

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This is very sad and scary. Dude is just over 40. This disease doesn’t discriminate.
This virus doesn't stop. Still if you have earlier and better treatment you have more chances, but as soon as you have to be put on a ventilator, your chances go to around 50/50

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Technically, COVID-19 is the disease caused by the coronavirus SARS-CoV-2... but we can use them pretty much interchangeably. As far as I know, even people who are infected but asymptomatic are considered to have COVID-19.

...dave

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/faq.html#Coronavirus-Disease-2019-Basics

On February 11, 2020 the World Health Organization announced an official name for the disease that is causing the 2019 novel coronavirus outbreak, first identified in Wuhan China. The new name of this disease is coronavirus disease 2019, abbreviated as COVID-19. In COVID-19, ‘CO’ stands for ‘corona,’ ‘VI’ for ‘virus,’ and ‘D’ for disease. Formerly, this disease was referred to as “2019 novel coronavirus” or “2019-nCoV”.

I understand what you are saying though. The disease is caused by the virus.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
I wonder what the treatment for catching the disease without any serious symptoms is? I thought there really is no cure or treatment yet? Is it simply rest and isolation? And if so, when and how do they tell when it is safe to go 'home'. And is the virus ever really gone from you, or just the reactions to it?

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
My older sister who is in a nursing home, tested positive for the virus. They put her into isolation. She was kept there until she was symptom free for several (maybe 4 or 5(?))straight days before they took her out of isolation and put her back in her regular room. As far as I know, they did nothing else for it.

I don't know if they tested her a second time or not.

My son, who never tested positive for the virus, was put in voluntary (?) isolation at work (stayed home from work) for one full week and they tested him 3 times during the week for it (negative each time) before they let him go back to work. (a woman from his work who he had worked with informed the company that she had been at a party where someone had the virus. Neither of them ever showed any symptoms or tested positive. He had not worked with the woman for two weeks when she reported it to the company.

So, as far as I can tell you, they put you in isolation with not much else?

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
What a horrific virus. I am glad we will be celebrating with kickoff in September. If they have to move back the first two games, so be it. Also, preseason was too long anyway. Didn’t most of us want it shortened before this mess?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson