Sky Brown is Team GB's youngest ever medalist

ASFN Admin

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sky Brown is Britain's youngest ever Olympic medalistThe 13-year-old won a bronze medal in women's skateboardingin the sport's Olympic debut in TokyoBrown was born to a Japanese mother and a British fatherand started skating and surfing when she was just threeShe suffered severe injuries in June last yearwhen she fell from a ramp during a training sessionDate: March 2021(SOUNDBITE)(English) SKY BROWN SAYING:''....Yeah, it was a pretty hard time. My parents, I mean, they didn't really want me to skate before but after that they were like there's no way you're going back on the skateboard and they were just like, it was a very hard time, my brother was right behind the ramp watching that (accident) from behind and it was, tough...and, but, I'm good now and I'm still skating, which is good."(SOUNDBITE)(English) SKY BROWN AFTER BEING ASKED IF SHE HAS A MESSAGE FOR PEOPLE WATCHING, SAYING:"The message is be brave, be strong, have fun, and do it 'cause you love it, and don't let anybody stop you."

Continue reading...