Skillet Hands 2: The Rob Housler Story

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Coming to a theater near you this holiday season!

The Housler pick baffled everyone and was a reach by everyone's standards. But the original skillet hands was a top 20 pick in a very good draft. I will never forget the day that the Cardinals selected Bryant Johnson and Calvin Pace. A baffling disaster

Last edited:

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The Housler pick baffled everyone and was a reach by everyone's standards. But the original skillet hands was a top 20 pick in a very good draft. I will never forget the day that the Cardinals selected Bryant Johnson and Calvin Pace. A baffling disaster

Their second round pick of Boldin more than made up for it though.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Suggs in the first would've been awesome, no doubt.

Or even the trade down and two respectable picks instead of Johnson and Pace. Thankfully, times have changed and I don't think that we will ever see that kind of ineptitude on draft day again. But Boldin was Boldin; greatest rookie receiver of all time.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

Poppycock. That draft was terrible, which is why Pace and Johnson ended up being top 18 picks.

OP
OP
splitsecond

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I have been lucky enough to spend some time with Suggs and yeah, he wanted to be here. Buy that's not the point of this thread

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score

Calvin Pace. Now in his 11th NFL season with 10 sacks so far this season. Draft a prototype 3-4 OLB and play him at 4-3 DE.

You gotta love Cardinal drafting.

Oh yeah and Housler is just goofy. I wonder if he's all there. Just seems like he's out in left field sometimes during the games.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Loved the fact that he was benched after that first drive. Both balls should've been caught. Complete BS that he cost us a TD, or at least a FG, on that first drive.

GimmedaBall

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Housler has been given plenty of chances. Two big misses in the most important game of the year. Not sure if he gets to play any more this year . . . or make the cut next year.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
We won and Housler did not play well! Move on!

GBR

Winning a game does not excuse a poor performance by an individual player. The coaches don't think that way why should we?

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Amazing that he can run over 250 LB, but a ball thrown at him knocks him down like a rag doll.

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
I don't get the impression that he has any idea what's happening. He is just clueless. He isn't skillet hands so much as he's skillet brain.

ThunderCard

Reaction score
I don't get the impression that he has any idea what's happening. He is just clueless. He isn't skillet hands so much as he's skillet brain.

I agree he looks totally lost out there. I thought a few weeks ago he was starting to bring it together, however mentally he is just not on the same page. What I also don't like is when he does catch the ball he then has that stupid grin.

Cards should go TE shopping this off season.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We won and Housler did not play well! Move on!

GBR

I'm with you. Housler has had several good games in a row until this one. He's no Gronk or Graham at this point but he isn't the worthless piece of crap some believe he is.

That pass to him in the endzone was deflected at the los.

As we have all witnessed everyone on the O has been slower than expected on picking up BA's Offense. Housler coming form a tiny college may take a little longer for this O to become second nature.

I still want us to draft another TE by rd 4 this upcoming draft. :)