SI's Thamel picks Mike Bercovici to win the Heisman

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
:thud:

I mean it is definitely conceivable, Berco is extremely talented, but I don't think we need to give Texas A&M any additional motivation.

HooverDam

Reaction score
If ASU is in the playoffs I suppose he'll be in the conversation. But the last 5 Heismans have gone to running QBs. It seems hard to imagine a pocket guy like Berco would win, even if he put up big numbers, when another QB put up equally big numbers and ran for a few hundred yards too. Unfortunately the goofy college offenses can make for crazy stats and thus awards sometimes going to guys who aren't the best players but had the biggest numbers (I'm looking at you Danny Wuerffel over Jake Plummer in 96!).

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
I don't want anybody from SI even thinking about the Devils.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I don't want anybody from SI even thinking about the Devils.

Ha ha, lets keep them under wraps. I hope there is talk about him becoming a candidate mid season.

OP
OP
Iceman

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They need to put it to TAM Saturday to put him and the devils in the talk of everyone for a chance. This game on Saturday is the game of the weekend and on the big stage. Let's hope Graham has them ready to roll!

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He is average 414 yards, 63% comp percentage, 3 TD's and .6 INT's a game in games he started last year. That is not too shabby.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He is average 414 yards, 63% comp percentage, 3 TD's and .6 INT's a game in games he started last year. That is not too shabby.

It would be great if he kept that up this year. If he did that for 13 games this year, that would be 5,382 yards, 36 TD's.... Let's hope our offensive line can do a good job protecting him, they'll have their hands full tomorrow, and that he can stay healthy.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did crack make a huge comeback in this country and no one told me!?

OP
OP
Iceman

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And.... He is officially out!

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
And.... He is officially out!

"Officially?"

Rivalry aside, I don't know what the hell people were smoking when they made this prediction. He's maybe the 5th best QB in the conference.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mike Bercovici, former Arizona State quarterback, is joining the Cardinals as an assistant head coach.

Former Arizona State quarterback Mike Bercovici, who spent this past season as a graduate assistant on coach Herm Edwards’ staff with the Sun Devils, is joining the Arizona Cardinals as an entry-level assistant coach.

DevilsDigest.com first reported the news on Tuesday morning. The Republic independently confirmed the report through a team source.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/spo...ing-mike-bercovici-coaching-staff/4724768002/