Simple Idea

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Even if Murray is able to go why not make him the backup QB. Start McCoy. If all goes well, don’t risk Murray. If McCoy struggles, then put in Murray. They really don’t have a number 3 QB that could know much of the playbook anyway.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’d rather have Kyler start. Bringing Kyler in if things aren’t going right means we need Kyler to win. If we bring him in I’m assuming it would be a 1 dimensional offense . Not an ideal situation to bring in a Qb coming of an injury that hasn’t played in 5 weeks.
Why not start Kyler then bring in McCoy to clean up?

Either Kyler’s ankle is good enough or it’s not. If it’s good I’d rather him playing and in control of the game.

Let’s not overthink this.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I’d rather have Kyler start. Bringing Kyler in if things aren’t going right means we need Kyler to win. If we bring him in I’m assuming it would be a 1 dimensional offense . Not an ideal situation to bring in a Qb coming of an injury that hasn’t played in 5 weeks.
Why not start Kyler then bring in McCoy to clean up?

Either Kyler’s ankle is good enough or it’s not. If it’s good I’d rather him playing and in control of the game.

Let’s not overthink this.
Agree. It also means bringing him in while we are failing. Puts him even more behind the eight ball and likely increases chances of aggravating/injury.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Even if Murray is able to go why not make him the backup QB. Start McCoy. If all goes well, don’t risk Murray. If McCoy struggles, then put in Murray. They really don’t have a number 3 QB that could know much of the playbook anyway.
You must be registered for see images attach

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Literally just last year with the Rams vs Seahawks. In a playoff game at that.
I think that was a different situation. McVay essentially BENCHED Goff who was healthy enough to play but had been so horrific down the stretch that they thought Wolford gave them a better chance to win. He then got knocked out of the game which put Goff back in.

That’s a different scenario than putting your MVP-level candidate as the backup because he’s still kinda injured and only bringing him in if McCoy struggles.

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
LMAO Harry back on his "QB controversy" grind. the guy loves him some Colt McCoy

why take out the Prius when we have a Ferrari in the garage?

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
LMAO Harry back on his "QB controversy" grind. the guy loves him some Colt McCoy

why take out the Prius when we have a Ferrari in the garage?
Here’s a note on the field from 10/31/21
“The Soldier Field turf is in horrible shape today. There’s barely grass in-between the hashes from the 35-to-45 on the South end,” Adam Hoge added.

“Jaylon Johnson slipped in the hole on that long run by the 49ers. Soldier Field turf looks awful today,” Adam Jahns added.

Chicago’s Soldier Field turf has faced major criticism over the years.

“The field is terrible,” Alshon Jeffery said, via NJ.com. “I definitely remember that. But at the same time, it’s football, man … when I was there we always used to tell the equipment manager that you gotta change the field, get the field better. I’m not disrespecting them. I’m just saying: It’s terrible.”

This is not about a controversy, it’s about getting Murray to the season’s end. I know the sideline reporter liked the field. I hope she’s right.

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
“The Soldier Field turf is in horrible shape today. There’s barely grass in-between the hashes from the 35-to-45 on the South end,” Adam Hoge added.

“Jaylon Johnson slipped in the hole on that long run by the 49ers. Soldier Field turf looks awful today,” Adam Jahns added.

“The field is terrible,” Alshon Jeffery said, via NJ.com. “I definitely remember that. But at the same time, it’s football, man … when I was there we always used to tell the equipment manager that you gotta change the field, get the field better. I’m not disrespecting them. I’m just saying: It’s terrible.”

This is not about a controversy, it’s about getting Murray to the season’s end.
people speculate certain artificial turf fields cause more injury than grass... Kyler is healthy and should play, as much as that hurts you just say it out loud and itll be better

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

This is not about a controversy, it’s about getting Murray to the season’s end. I know the sideline reporter liked the field. I hope she’s right.
They said the field was resod and in terrific shape today.