Simple Idea

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Even if Murray is able to go why not make him the backup QB. Start McCoy. If all goes well, don’t risk Murray. If McCoy struggles, then put in Murray. They really don’t have a number 3 QB that could know much of the playbook anyway.

slanidrac16

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’d rather have Kyler start. Bringing Kyler in if things aren’t going right means we need Kyler to win. If we bring him in I’m assuming it would be a 1 dimensional offense . Not an ideal situation to bring in a Qb coming of an injury that hasn’t played in 5 weeks.
Why not start Kyler then bring in McCoy to clean up?

Either Kyler’s ankle is good enough or it’s not. If it’s good I’d rather him playing and in control of the game.

Let’s not overthink this.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I’d rather have Kyler start. Bringing Kyler in if things aren’t going right means we need Kyler to win. If we bring him in I’m assuming it would be a 1 dimensional offense . Not an ideal situation to bring in a Qb coming of an injury that hasn’t played in 5 weeks.
Why not start Kyler then bring in McCoy to clean up?

Either Kyler’s ankle is good enough or it’s not. If it’s good I’d rather him playing and in control of the game.

Let’s not overthink this.
Agree. It also means bringing him in while we are failing. Puts him even more behind the eight ball and likely increases chances of aggravating/injury.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Even if Murray is able to go why not make him the backup QB. Start McCoy. If all goes well, don’t risk Murray. If McCoy struggles, then put in Murray. They really don’t have a number 3 QB that could know much of the playbook anyway.
You must be registered for see images attach

cheesebeef

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Literally just last year with the Rams vs Seahawks. In a playoff game at that.
I think that was a different situation. McVay essentially BENCHED Goff who was healthy enough to play but had been so horrific down the stretch that they thought Wolford gave them a better chance to win. He then got knocked out of the game which put Goff back in.

That’s a different scenario than putting your MVP-level candidate as the backup because he’s still kinda injured and only bringing him in if McCoy struggles.