Silicon Valley (HBO)

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When did your family move out of that house and how much did they sell it for?

Same thing, when did they move out and how much did they sell it for? Crazy prices!

So my mom sold in 1989 for 330K. the next time it sold I think it was 750K not sure what year. it's worth 1.8 million now. Near as I can tell the only thing they did was take down a tree, get the roof done(spray on roof my mom had that done when we lived there I used to go up there every summer and paint silver patch stuff on any areas that we were afraid might leak. I used to tell people I fell into being a Facilities Manager but in reality my entire childhood in that house prepared me for it. I was on that roof constantly. Eichlers have flat roofs so they all leak.

I'm assuming they did some interior stuff probably the kitchen and bathrooms. It's not for sale so there aren't any updated pics except the outside. I guess they're saying it's nearly 2000 square feet so I was slightly off there.

https://www.redfin.com/CA/Cupertino/6212-Shadygrove-Dr-95014/home/797148

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My father-in law sold his place on the coast in Daly city just 2 years ago for $650K. Now it's worth over $900K? Wow!!

https://www.redfin.com/CA/Daly-City/94-Westline-Dr-94015/home/1328569

Yep the price hikes are ridiculous. We are selling our house, it's a manufactured with a garage so you don't even own the land. In general these type homes don't go up much in value. We are making a 33% profit in just over 3 years largely because the "normal" housing market is so bananas and apartments are so nuts, that people started buying manufactured and drove the prices up.

It's a huge bubble and it has to end but who knows when. The news yesterday was that Irvine Company just finalized buying the AMD site for a new project, supposedly both condos and possibly apartments. AMD is still there so it may start but it can't get full blown going for awhile now. It's a huge site I'm going to be living just down the street from there starting next week but we knew this was coming before we rented.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
So my mom sold in 1989 for 330K. the next time it sold I think it was 750K not sure what year. it's worth 1.8 million now. Near as I can tell the only thing they did was take down a tree, get the roof done(spray on roof my mom had that done when we lived there I used to go up there every summer and paint silver patch stuff on any areas that we were afraid might leak. I used to tell people I fell into being a Facilities Manager but in reality my entire childhood in that house prepared me for it. I was on that roof constantly. Eichlers have flat roofs so they all leak.

I'm assuming they did some interior stuff probably the kitchen and bathrooms. It's not for sale so there aren't any updated pics except the outside. I guess they're saying it's nearly 2000 square feet so I was slightly off there.

https://www.redfin.com/CA/Cupertino/6212-Shadygrove-Dr-95014/home/797148

Valued at $1.9 million for that house? Wow!

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
FYI, my son is back home, didn't like working at "Hooli". :)
So now he is building his own Apps.

I have to get caught up on this show, but we discovered "Vikings" and have been loving that.

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So far this season is a bit less funny to me but it's still very good.

I only saw the episode so far (my wife meant to play the last episode of last season and accidently played the newest episode of this season)

This episode was hilarious though

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
New season came out yesterday. Love this show. Funny first episode. Wish HBO did the same as Netflix and Amazon so I can binge watch this thing!

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Amazed no one is really watching this(or talking about it). It's such a cool show.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
There are 10 episodes in this season right?

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score
I think so. Read they’re going down to 8 next year.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
Only 8 this season. Last week was the finale.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Just finished the final season. So good! Really going to miss this show.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just finished the final season. So good! Really going to miss this show.

Yeah it had some blips the last 2 years mainly I think delay between shows and too much of the same thing, but it was still really good. We had a free HBO weekend recently and I binge watched the last season and caught up and finished. Really good show.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So good! Liked this so much more than I expected. Great binge watch during COVID lockdown. #late

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep the price hikes are ridiculous. We are selling our house, it's a manufactured with a garage so you don't even own the land. In general these type homes don't go up much in value. We are making a 33% profit in just over 3 years largely because the "normal" housing market is so bananas and apartments are so nuts, that people started buying manufactured and drove the prices up.

It's a huge bubble and it has to end but who knows when. The news yesterday was that Irvine Company just finalized buying the AMD site for a new project, supposedly both condos and possibly apartments. AMD is still there so it may start but it can't get full blown going for awhile now. It's a huge site I'm going to be living just down the street from there starting next week but we knew this was coming before we rented.

So glad someone brought this thread back. Guess where Lucy and I currently live and have for years now?

the apartments Irvine Company built where AMD used to be. We moved in to the "old site" the new site where the AMD HQ is has finally finished construction.

So funny seeing this post now

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So good! Liked this so much more than I expected. Great binge watch during COVID lockdown. #late

Being onsite at Google now I see Hooli jokes quite often. At my old site there was a guy who had all sorts of Hooli paraphernalia in his office.