Signings, Trades, Rumors including Suns and NBA

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I also think people don’t realize that we would automatically become the league black hat. And a fanbase can feed off that. When everyone else hates you, it probably feels even better when you win.

Laker fan friends used to talk OVER MY DEAD BODY about LeBron. Until he got there. And won a title. Like he has everywhere else he’s played.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm leaning this way as well. We've waited 50 years for a championship, and all of you are willing to say, "Nah..." to one just because of one player?
And I can’t stand Lebron. And I’m still okay with riding him to a championship. Is it how I want to win one? No. But I want to win one.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Curt Schilling is a total Dbag but I sure love that only championship in Phoenix

Pretty much

I’ve said it before just 1 Suns Championship would mean more to me than a 5 Cardinals super bowl wins

All I need is one.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Pretty much

I’ve said it before just 1 Suns Championship would mean more to me than a 5 Cardinals super bowl wins

All I need is one.
We have a great chance this year without any trade.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns pursuing another shooter?

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Suns pursuing another shooter?

Well maybe the Gordon rumors are true. If the cost is only one first Dario, and Stix - and Sarver is willing to still pay Cam, and Ayton, then I guess I would be Ok with it.

I wonder what the hell is wrong with Shamet, it's like he has lost his confidence. I think he needs a sports psychologist.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Justin Holliday suppossedly available for 2 second rounders?

That doesn't sound like a bad deal at all, if he could deal with not getting many minutes.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Justin Holliday suppossedly available for 2 second rounders?

That doesn't sound like a bad deal at all, if he could deal with not getting many minutes.

He impressed when the Suns played the Pacers.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He impressed when the Suns played the Pacers.
He does nothing for me. I'd offer Saric, Nader and Shamet plus a first and a second (or two if it would get it done) for Torrey Craig and TJ McConnell instead. They'd probably have to use the 2nd to move Shamet and we'd need Nader's permission but it lets us keep out depth with Saric while adding two smart rotation players.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He does nothing for me. I'd offer Saric, Nader and Shamet plus a first and a second (or two if it would get it done) for Torrey Craig and TJ McConnell instead. They'd probably have to use the 2nd to move Shamet and we'd need Nader's permission but it lets us keep out depth with Saric while adding two smart rotation players.
I’d do that deal in a heartbeat.

If for no other reason than to get rid of Shamet and his contract.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It's a deal to consider. I never realized the Pacers paid TJ McConnell that kind of money.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y94cf3de

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
But the Bucs went from the dregs to contention. We are alrea

Isnt McConnell injured? I would love to have him. He can play either guard position and does work his backside off on d.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Isnt McConnell injured? I would love to have him. He can play either guard position and does work his backside off on d.

He had wrist surgery.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He is but the last I heard it was to be around two months for recovery and rehab and he's roughly 2 months past his wrist surgery.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
What about Tyler Johnson? I thought he was one of the unsung catalysts of turning the culture around when he first landed in Phoenix. Last I can find he finished a 10day with San Antonio, so I'm guessing he's a FA?

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What about Tyler Johnson? I thought he was one of the unsung catalysts of turning the culture around when he first landed in Phoenix. Last I can find he finished a 10day with San Antonio, so I'm guessing he's a FA?
I see him as a lateral to Elf. No point in making that move.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How about Grant Riller on a two-way contract (if available) or Brad Wanamaker if the Suns waive someone.

I'd trade a 2nd round pick for Raul Neto.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I’d do that deal in a heartbeat.

If for no other reason than to get rid of Shamet and his contract.

Shamet can’t be moved until the summer due to his contract structure. As much as a sucker I am for trades I don’t see anything significant beyond a Payton upgrade.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If there was any doubt, after tonight I think the Suns are keeping Landry Shamet.

He had 17 points on 5-10 shooting, 4-8 from 3-point range, 4 rebounds, 5 assists and only 1 turnover.

It was one of his best games as a Suns player.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Shamet can’t be moved until the summer due to his contract structure. As much as a sucker I am for trades I don’t see anything significant beyond a Payton upgrade.

The poison pill restriction doesn't prevent him from being traded it just adds a layer of complexity. The bigger problem is a lack of tradeable assets that are needed for a significant upgrade since the outgoing salary would be attach to players with negative value.

The more I think of Jalen Smith not getting his 3rd year the less sense it makes. Even if he totally crapped the bed this year I find it hard to believe no other team in the league would have been willing to roll the dice on him for straight cap, and even if they couldn't find anyone willing to do so they still could have waived him and stretched his deal to minimize impact. Now the team has a promising young player putting in decent production who will not be here next year and no team that views him as a long term piece would want to trade for.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If there was any doubt, after tonight I think the Suns are keeping Landry Shamet.

He had 17 points on 5-10 shooting, 4-8 from 3-point range, 4 rebounds, 5 assists and only 1 turnover.

It was one of his best games as a Suns player.
Uh. Great and all but it's just one game.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose