Signings, Trades, Rumors including Suns and NBA

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really? He did not get McGee last year when he was available, or any big man when it was an obvious need.

I would not bank on him making a good move.

I was a critic as well but James Jones has addressed the center situation this season.

He did add Torrey Craig last season.

Hoop Head

ASFN Hero
Reaction score
I think your memory is lacking on Saric.

He had to play center because he could not guard 4's. We don't need a center.

Biyambo is a better player than Saric - that is my opinion.

He struggles against some 4's but playing alongside Ayton mitigates that because Ayton can handle the 4. Like against Milwaukee we could have Saric and Ayton out there against Giannis and Portis/Lopez. Like I said, when we need to go big, he is the best 4 for that but that's really the only time he can be used as a 4 also.

Phrazbit

ASFN Hero
Reaction score
We have the best record in the league by several games, I would be surprised if we see any moves outside of trying to pluck someone who gets cut after the trade deadline.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I could get down with a Saric for Larry Nance Jr swap.

Larry Nance Jr. has missed 8 games with a reported knee injury. He should be alright from what I understand but he is still out.

Carolinacacti

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
That's the problem. Most of the candidates for PGOTF on other teams will be hard to pry away. Not many teams with a surplus of them or looking to get rid of the ones they have.

Dejounte is a pretty good fit next to Booker, but was surprised to see that he's older than Devin by a month or so.

Other possibly available candidates after a quick look through rosters:
De'Aron Fox
Colin Sexton
Markelle Fultz (I know, this is scraping the bottom of the barrel)

I have no idea if they're actually available, but seems like these teams already have better candidates for their long-term PG needs.
Well, you could go after Cody White from the Bulls. lots of people wanted the Suns to draft him, but he sucks. Watch the Bulls slide now that Lonzo is out.

Hoop Head

ASFN Hero
Reaction score
Larry Nance Jr. has missed 8 games with a reported knee injury. He should be alright from what I understand but he is still out.

Aren't the Blazers tanking? I know with Lillard out they are essentially lottery locks so I can't see them rushing anyone back.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, you could go after Cody White from the Bulls. lots of people wanted the Suns to draft him, but he sucks. Watch the Bulls slide now that Lonzo is out.

At least when Steve Nash left Phoenix they had Goran Dragic to turn too.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Aren't the Blazers tanking? I know with Lillard out they are essentially lottery locks so I can't see them rushing anyone back.

If the Trail Blazers aren't tanking they should. Lots of competition at the bottom in the West though.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who are these teams tanking for? Not a big college basketball follower except UA and they have one..................

I haven't been following college basketball much so I am not a good source. Tankathon is my favorite draft reference.

Finito

ASFN Hero
Reaction score
Really? He did not get McGee last year when he was available, or any big man when it was an obvious need.

I would not bank on him making a good move.

Nobody on earth thought we were going to have the year we had also

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nobody on earth thought we were going to have the year we had also

Monty did see the Suns being a top team in the West. That should have been enough to make a move to strengthen the front court beyond Torey Craig.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viking8687