Signings, Trades, Rumors including Suns and NBA

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well. And this is just a fun, not really serious idea. Ayton, Saric, Shamet, and Smith for Towns. I would not know what picks would have to be involved.

I would not have considered doing this before, but I think Towns can play alongside McGee or Biyombo and gives more offense when necessary for the playoffs.

Not realistic I know. But just an interesting thought.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Trading our future for LeBron and a 1 year shot at a title would feel very empty.

It's like banging the girl of your dreams but it was only for one night, she seemed bored the whole time, it cost you your life savings and everyone who knows you is disgusted.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
While I don't agree with him I suspect most of us ALMOST feel that way. Having the Suns win a championship would be great but having it tied to Lebron for all eternity, not so much.

You know who I didn’t like before we traded for him, and thought he was a whiner/flopper/dirty player?

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Trading our future for LeBron and a 1 year shot at a title would feel very empty.

It's like banging the girl of your dreams but it was only for one night, she seemed bored the whole time, it cost you your life savings and everyone who knows you is disgusted.

Nobody would prefer a title with Lebron over our current core but I’d take the boost in odds from about 25% to 75% of winning it (my personal projection). In my proposal (not the Book one) I wouldn’t lose sleep over swapping role players for arguably the most complete player in the league.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
-
Idk how it’d work with Shamet being a 10/11th man at that salary.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

My friends who are Buccaneers fans disagree with this take.

And why only a 1 year shot? LeBron clearly has more great years left in the tank.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
the bottom line is that i wouldn't make a major trade on a team with the best record this year, a game back of the best record last year, and that came within 2 games of the championship

but, as usual, Booker is pissing me off with his bad decision making -- taking bad shots, too many shots (35 tonight), bad fouls, bad passes, complaining to refs. Even his 48 point night was not to my liking because it was more Booker ball than Suns ball. (in his career, every other game he scored 48 or more in, we lost)

so, here's an interesting trade that would never happen but could work out for both teams. A healthy Lakers could make noise in the playoffs but are highly unlikely to go all the way (anything less is a failure for Lebron). They'd have a future with Booker. The Suns would be favorites with Lebron this year -- maybe next too.

You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
My friends who are Buccaneers fans disagree with this take.

And why only a 1 year shot? LeBron clearly has more great years left in the tank.

But the Bucs went from the dregs to contention. We are already right there, on the doorstep.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But the Bucs went from the dregs to contention. We are already right there, on the doorstep.
I don’t really care. Last season there were fans here a little bent that the Suns getting to the Finals was “all about CP3”. Didn’t care then, wouldn’t care now if we all of a sudden won a couple titles and were then on highlight reels forever the same way various Cavs and Heat are.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A title with LeBron would feel similar to a Western Conference Final championship. Sure, it's nice but it wouldn't feel right and it wouldn't satiate that 30+ year desire I've had of seeing the Suns win a title.

I wouldn't even rank a LeBron title ahead of seeing Nash or Barkley win MVP's, honestly.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm leaning this way as well. We've waited 50 years for a championship, and all of you are willing to say, "Nah..." to one just because of one player?
If the one player is Lebron, hell yeah I don't want it.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
No kidding. Apparently beggars can be choosers!
Can you imagine 20 years from now talking about the Suns winning a championship in 2022, but then writing it off by saying, "Yeah, but that team had Lebron James, so it doesn't count."

That is ridiculous to me.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can you imagine 20 years from now talking about the Suns winning a championship in 2022, but then writing it off by saying, "Yeah, but that team had Lebron James, so it doesn't count."

That is ridiculous to me.

No one said it wouldn't count. I don't think people would care in 20 years though. It wouldn't be earned the same way as it would if this squad won it, for example. It would be cheap and ultimately unsatisfying.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
No one said it wouldn't count. I don't think people would care in 20 years though. It wouldn't be earned the same way as it would if this squad won it, for example. It would be cheap and ultimately unsatisfying.
That’s insane to me. Do you want a championship or not? Why are there degrees?

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s insane to me. Do you want a championship or not? Why are there degrees?
If the question was simply, would you trade for Lebron if it absolutely meant you'd win a title - yeah, I'd put up with Lebron to win a championship. But it wouldn't mean quite as much to me. Keep in mind, you don't just get in bed with James, you get in bed with Rich Paul if you make this deal so I can see why there'd be degrees of interest for some posters.

Anyway, I really want a championship but almost as important to me is being able to believe, all season long, that my team has a chance to win it all. Trading away our young guys for a slightly improved chance the first year and misery for the decade that follows would not appeal to me enough to put up with that pair.
But if you believe trading for Lebron would make us near locks for two championships? That's a different story and yeah, I'd do it.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure why this trade discussion is locked on trading for Lebron. There are probably more obtainable players that wouldn't strip the franchise that would accomplish the same goal.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure why this trade discussion is locked on trading for Lebron. There are probably more obtainable players that wouldn't strip the franchise that would accomplish the same goal.
It isn't feasible so it's just an exercise in fantasy I guess. Rich Paul wants nothing to do with Sarver, Lebron wants a Lakers heritage that would be ruined by leaving now, and Lebron, rightly IMO, believes that with a little bit of good fortune they can still win it all this season.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It isn't feasible so it's just an exercise in fantasy I guess. Rich Paul wants nothing to do with Sarver, Lebron wants a Lakers heritage that would be ruined by leaving now, and Lebron, rightly IMO, believes that with a little bit of good fortune they can still win it all this season.

Well good. Let Lebron have his Lakers heritage.