Signings, Trades, Rumors including Suns and NBA

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I wouldn't trade Bridges for Sabonis straight up, not even close. You guys are nuts.

There is only one player on the entire team that we are outscored when they are OFF the court... Bridges. His spacing and flat out elite defending are irreplaceable.

And after all the years that we have watched the Suns suck at defending... to endorse trading one of the best defenders in the entire league for a player that we literally just watched the Suns abuse over and over and over on defense...

I feel like I am taking crazy pills.

Sabonis for Bridges is ass.

Last edited:

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I wouldn't trade Bridges for Sabonis straight up, not even close. You guys are nuts.

There is only one player on the entire team that we are outscored when they are OFF the court... Bridges. His spacing and flat out elite defending are irreplaceable.

And after all the years that we have watched the Suns suck at defending... to endorse trading one of the best defenders in the entire league for a player that we literally just watched the Suns abuse over and over and over on defense...

I feel like I am taking crazy pills.

Sabonis for Bridges is ass.

Every GM in the league makes that trade.

And Bridges just went 1-6 in that game your talking about

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Every GM in the league makes that trade.

And Bridges just went 1-6 in that game your talking about

To quote you... that is your opinion.

In my opinion there is not a GM in the league who would consider that trade for even a moment... well maybe the Knicks or some dog **** franchise, but certainly no one who wants to win anything.

Bridges is going to be 1st team defense this year and we just absolutely abused Sabonis on that end of the court. Not only did we abuse him but it was clear our strategy to specifically target Sabonis and score against him.

One of the best wing defenders in the entire league who is also a 40% three point shooter verses a big who struggles to defend inside or outside and does not stretch the defense.

I don't dislike Sabonis, I think there are plenty of teams who he could fill a need for... but we are not one of them. Turner... we could use, he can defend multiple positions and he is a better outside shooter than Sabonis.

But the idea of adding a big man we don't need at all at the expense of our best wing defender (not only our best but one of the best few in the entire league) makes no sense.

I love Cam Johnson but the notion that we'd be okay with him and Booker as, literally, our only true wing players on the entire roster AND as our only true wing defenders is bat **** crazy.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
To quote you... that is your opinion.

In my opinion there is not a GM in the league who would consider that trade for even a moment... well maybe the Knicks or some dog **** franchise, but certainly no one who wants to win anything.

Bridges is going to be 1st team defense this year and we just absolutely abused Sabonis on that end of the court. Not only did we abuse him but it was clear our strategy to specifically target Sabonis and score against him.

One of the best wing defenders in the entire league who is also a 40% three point shooter verses a big who struggles to defend inside or outside and does not stretch the defense.

I don't dislike Sabonis, I think there are plenty of teams who he could fill a need for... but we are not one of them. Turner... we could use, he can defend multiple positions and he is a better outside shooter than Sabonis.

But the idea of adding a big man we don't need at all at the expense of our best wing defender (not only our best but one of the best few in the entire league) makes no sense.

I love Cam Johnson but the notion that we'd be okay with him and Booker as, literally, our only true wing players on the entire roster AND as our only true wing defenders is bat **** crazy.
I am on your side on this one.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Bridges is above his career averages in almost everything. No he hasn't taken the next step yet but if we trade him we lose alot more than just Mikal.
He is a HUGE part of the family vibe we have going on here. We're the best team in the league and that chemistry is the main reason.

So yeah lets make a useless trade for a player who just isn't better than Mikal skill wise and Culture wise. What happens when he gets here and cant work with ball hogs like CP3 Book and Ayton. What if they cant figure out how to get points without CP3 spoon feeding them. Mikal gets his own shots mostly and can be a lock down defender.

Any trade involving Mikal (and what we could realistically get back) is just asinine.

DANCE WITH THE ONE THAT BROUGHT YOU.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unless we can bring in a Super Star then JJ should hang up on anyone asking for Mikal. There are plenty of All-Stars I wouldn't trade him for and the ones I would aren't worth discussing because its unrealistic.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bridges is above his career averages in almost everything. No he hasn't taken the next step yet but if we trade him we lose alot more than just Mikal.
He is a HUGE part of the family vibe we have going on here. We're the best team in the league and that chemistry is the main reason.

So yeah lets make a useless trade for a player who just isn't better than Mikal skill wise and Culture wise. What happens when he gets here and cant work with ball hogs like CP3 Book and Ayton. What if they cant figure out how to get points without CP3 spoon feeding them. Mikal gets his own shots mostly and can be a lock down defender.

Any trade involving Mikal (and what we could realistically get back) is just asinine.

DANCE WITH THE ONE THAT BROUGHT YOU.
Yeah... I wouldn’t trade him for Sabonis because I don’t think Sabonis is a great fit.

That said the comment “Bridges gets his own shots” couldn’t be further from the truth. He is COMPLETELY dependent on others setting him up outside the rare (and gettingvrarer) cut the basket.

Bridges ain’t untouchable. But it needs to be for that right piece.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We are going to need scoring if we realistically want to compete for a championship.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I may have missed it but what is your position on trading for Sabonis?

I liked the idea of Sabonis when I thought the Warriors perimeter defense was looking like a juggernaut and we need more scoring. I don’t see the Suns have any interest.

I’d like to see him playing for a contending team (in the East of course).

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So downlow we would have Crowder, Sabonis and Ayton?

That just doesn’t work when you have crowder down there. Sure we’d get more rebounds but man that’s a downgrade in perimeter defense and outside shooting.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So downlow we would have Crowder, Sabonis and Ayton?

That just doesn’t work when you have crowder down there. Sure we’d get more rebounds but man that’s a downgrade in perimeter defense and outside shooting.

I think the Suns would have the same problems as the Pacers with Turner and Sabonis upfront.

Generally speaking, need two more athletic players at the 3/4 with a center.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah... I wouldn’t trade him for Sabonis because I don’t think Sabonis is a great fit.

That said the comment “Bridges gets his own shots” couldn’t be further from the truth. He is COMPLETELY dependent on others setting him up outside the rare (and gettingvrarer) cut the basket.

Bridges ain’t untouchable. But it needs to be for that right piece.
He moves so well without the ball and just gets open so often it seems like he gets his own shots. He certainly makes it easier for anyone on the team to play pg.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Any interest in trying to bring back Ricky Rubio for point guard depth for the playoffs? Cleveland has Garland and Sexton and could you some front line depth. Not sure what we could offer.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any interest in trying to bring back Ricky Rubio for point guard depth for the playoffs? Cleveland has Garland and Sexton and could you some front line depth. Not sure what we could offer.
I think Rubio is out for the year with injury, no? And Sexton is done with injury also I think.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think the Suns would have the same problems as the Pacers with Turner and Sabonis upfront.

Generally speaking, need two more athletic players at the 3/4 with a center.

The Pacers problem isn’t those two guys it’s that they have no playmakers to get those guys the ball more Sabonis than Turner

Big men need guards and perimeter players for spacing and the Pacers don’t have that.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose