Signings, Trades, Rumors including Suns and NBA

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Do you have any links to where this is stated? I'm curious about it now.

There both on record as liking each other. If Schroeder buys into the culture and falls under Paul he could be a legit guy off the bench for us.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That's mostly a puff peace with Schroder talking about how good a leader CP3 is. There's nothing in there that would infer they were best friends or anything.

This guy

Nobody said they were best friends. I told you Schroeder looks up to him and credits Paul with helping him grow as a player and person

You said find it and it literally took me a minute

Then you comeback with. Oh that’s not real it’s just a “puff piece”

If your mind is made up on him and what kind of player or person he is just say it. Pretty much just pulled a “FakeNews” take out lol

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
This guy

Nobody said they were best friends. I told you Schroeder looks up to him and credits Paul with helping him grow as a player and person

You said find it and it literally took me a minute

Then you comeback with. Oh that’s not real it’s just a “puff piece”

If your mind is made up on him and what kind of player or person he is just say it. Pretty much just pulled a “FakeNews” take out lol
Nice personal attack.

You have been pushing that some perceived personal relationship between Schroder and Chris Paul would somehow get Schroder in Phoenix. First, even if it was true they had a personal relationship, that's not enough. And second, it doesn't make basketball sense.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
Not as a 3rd point guard.
I agree, we already have a shoot-first pg off the bench. I guess the question is would you rather have Schroeder or Shamet... I actually don't know how I would answer that. I *think* Shamet is better defensively but I have not paid close attention.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I agree, we already have a shoot-first pg off the bench. I guess the question is would you rather have Schroeder or Shamet... I actually don't know how I would answer that. I *think* Shamet is better defensively but I have not paid close attention.
Shamet is a backup for Booker, I'm not sure Schroder could fit that role. And even if he could, so what? We're not trading Shamet and his currently way overpaid contract.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Again you got a solution? Nope
Why do you think we need a third point guard?

Our whole playoff run we played our third point guard Moore just a few minutes when Paul was out with injury, and I really don't think Payton is a much worse player than him.

We could use another guy that can create his own shot, but it doesn't need to be a PG.

Thing that is really bothering me about Shroeder is Payne totally outplayed him in the playoff series we had against them last year, when the Lakers really needed him to step up with AD out. I actually think stix may be of more value to us than he would, and if there is a chance of signing him for another year at 4.7 mill, than I would much rather keep him.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
Shamet is a backup for Booker, I'm not sure Schroder could fit that role. And even if he could, so what? We're not trading Shamet and his currently way overpaid contract.
Well, Phoenix might. It would get them out of the overpaid contract (Schroeder is an expiring) so that they are more comfortable with the type of money Cam J is going to be making. But, I have no idea why Boston would do it.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Well, Phoenix might. It would get them out of the overpaid contract (Schroeder is an expiring) so that they are more comfortable with the type of money Cam J is going to be making. But, I have no idea why Boston would do it.
I think there are 2 major things to take into consideration with a possible trade of Shamet:

1) Nobody will want his contract
2) Monty loves him and was the one that brought him to Phoenix

Like Cam Payne, Monty has a lot of loyalty to his players and those he personally invests in. Maybe James Jones supersedes that, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There both on record as liking each other. If Schroeder buys into the culture and falls under Paul he could be a legit guy off the bench for us.
I don’t care if Paul supposedly likes him, we actually know Paul likes Payton and Payton is garbage.

Schroeder doesn’t buy into culture anywhere. It’s why he’s on his 4th team in 5 years.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Why do you think we need a third point guard?

Our whole playoff run we played our third point guard Moore just a few minutes when Paul was out with injury, and I really don't think Payton is a much worse player than him.

We could use another guy that can create his own shot, but it doesn't need to be a PG.

Thing that is really bothering me about Shroeder is Payne totally outplayed him in the playoff series we had against them last year, when the Lakers really needed him to step up with AD out. I actually think stix may be of more value to us than he would, and if there is a chance of signing him for another year at 4.7 mill, than I would much rather keep him.

Cam Payne has gotten worse and I’m not to confident Paul can stay healthy the whole season and playoffs. We really should start load managing Paul.

And Yes I would rather keep Stix considering McGee is on a one year deal and already in his mid 30s

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don’t care if Paul supposedly likes him, we actually know Paul likes Payton and Payton is garbage.

Schroeder doesn’t buy into culture anywhere. It’s why he’s on his 4th team in 5 years.

That’s your opinion

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think we are going to hear a lot of rumors going forward. As mentioned, Gordon's last season is not guaranteed.

If the Suns throw in a first round pick, I think there are better trades to be made.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Ricky Rubio has been on 4 teams in the last 4 years and I don't believe anyone would say he's bad for a teams culture. Look at how many teams Jae Crowder has been on, he's been on more teams than seasons played and he's a good culture guy.

The modern NBA is all about player movement. Even MVP's bounce around. Look at KD, Lebron, Harden, Russ. The amount of teams a player has been on shouldn't be used as a strike against them on it's own.

OKC traded Denis because they'll trade anyone for a draft pick. He won Sixth Man of the year there. The Lakers wanted to keep him but Schroeder over valued himself in negotiations. Now he's in Boston on a 1 year deal because he's trying to earn a big deal somewhere. The point is there is a legit reason why he's been on a few teams, it's not like he was dealt each time because he was a cancer.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think we are going to hear a lot of rumors going forward. As mentioned, Gordon's last season is not guaranteed.

If the Suns throw in a first round pick, I think there are better trades to be made.

He's a great shooter but I don't see how we make the money work. Shamet would pretty much have to be a part of it.

If he could stay healthy he would be a huge boon for us, he and Cam Johnson would give us 2 of the best 3 point shooters in the league... but the health part is a big hangup, the guy misses 30-40 games seemingly every season.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
A healthy Gordon in the playoffs is a game changer but that’s quite the risk considering his salary and durability concerns. And if you’re paying him going forward that’s a wrap for Ayton or Cam J.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose