Signings, Trades, Rumors and Other Ideas for Suns

AzStevenCal

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep. He’s in his fourth season and remember he was supppsed to be the most “NBA ready” because he was older when drafted.

His handles are non-existent. His shot still has a hitch sometimes and now he’s not even cutting the rim and finishing like he did last year in the regular season. There are so many times that he gets the ball
And just takes one dribble and stops, allowing the defense to adjust.

It would be one thing if he was a lockdown defender, but he’s not. He looked like he was taking those steps early this season but has fallen off since then. He’s A good defender, on a lot of nights a very good defender, but not lockdown. And he’s pathetic on the boards.

I think he’s gonna be the Shawn Marion contract that forces $arver to jettison other talent because we overpaid there.
I've heard nothing from the team about his injury since it happened but it can take up to 6 weeks for a dislocated finger to heal and that's when you're not out there playing basketball with it.

cheesebeef

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've heard nothing from the team about his injury since it happened but it can take up to 6 weeks for a dislocated finger to heal and that's when you're not out there playing basketball with it.
I saw nothing in his game the first six weeks of the season that showed any growth on offense whatsoever. His shooting was basically exactly the same, his handles were the same, rebounding the same and he already started getting tentative after a couple nice games to start the season.

Bobster

Veteran
Reaction score
He's a very good "3 and D" guy, but they're paying like they expect more than that. He's going to need to develop some dependable offense other than standing in the corner and shooting 3's, and he needs to contribute more on the boards.

He's a great bargain at $5 million, but not so much at $22 million.

AzStevenCal

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I saw nothing in his game the first six weeks of the season that showed any growth on offense whatsoever. His shooting was basically exactly the same, his handles were the same, rebounding the same and he already started getting tentative after a couple nice games to start the season.
Not me, I see a huge difference in his game (offense and defense) since that December 3rd game where he injured his right pinky. Since then, he's been hesitant to shoot (at times), hesitant to dribble (at times) and he's been less active trying to tip balls away.

From game 4 on when this team started to play well until the injury, Mikal didn't have a single night where he was a minus for the game (a stretch of 19 games). From the GSW loss on the 3rd through the Toronto win, he's been upside down 7 times (a stretch of 18 games).

Muggz

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Nader, Stix, Saric and a first round pick for Sabonis is all I'm willing to do. Can we even trade Shamet yet cause I'm all for that too.
Mikal stays
Cam stays
Cam stays
DA stays and plays WITH Sabonis. Who can play PF WELL.

Suns get a PF and backup center in Sabonis and go over lux tax..
Pacers get bent.
Sarver gets bent.

My only worry is Sabonis is a subpar outside shooter which might not be so good next to DA at center.

Last edited:

Phrazbit

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I wouldn't trade Bridges for Sabonis straight up, not even close. You guys are nuts.

There is only one player on the entire team that we are outscored when they are OFF the court... Bridges. His spacing and flat out elite defending are irreplaceable.

And after all the years that we have watched the Suns suck at defending... to endorse trading one of the best defenders in the entire league for a player that we literally just watched the Suns abuse over and over and over on defense...

I feel like I am taking crazy pills.

Sabonis for Bridges is ass.

Last edited:

Finito

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I wouldn't trade Bridges for Sabonis straight up, not even close. You guys are nuts.

There is only one player on the entire team that we are outscored when they are OFF the court... Bridges. His spacing and flat out elite defending are irreplaceable.

And after all the years that we have watched the Suns suck at defending... to endorse trading one of the best defenders in the entire league for a player that we literally just watched the Suns abuse over and over and over on defense...

I feel like I am taking crazy pills.

Sabonis for Bridges is ass.

Every GM in the league makes that trade.

And Bridges just went 1-6 in that game your talking about

Phrazbit

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Every GM in the league makes that trade.

And Bridges just went 1-6 in that game your talking about

To quote you... that is your opinion.

In my opinion there is not a GM in the league who would consider that trade for even a moment... well maybe the Knicks or some dog **** franchise, but certainly no one who wants to win anything.

Bridges is going to be 1st team defense this year and we just absolutely abused Sabonis on that end of the court. Not only did we abuse him but it was clear our strategy to specifically target Sabonis and score against him.

One of the best wing defenders in the entire league who is also a 40% three point shooter verses a big who struggles to defend inside or outside and does not stretch the defense.

I don't dislike Sabonis, I think there are plenty of teams who he could fill a need for... but we are not one of them. Turner... we could use, he can defend multiple positions and he is a better outside shooter than Sabonis.

But the idea of adding a big man we don't need at all at the expense of our best wing defender (not only our best but one of the best few in the entire league) makes no sense.

I love Cam Johnson but the notion that we'd be okay with him and Booker as, literally, our only true wing players on the entire roster AND as our only true wing defenders is bat **** crazy.

JCSunsfan

Reaction score
To quote you... that is your opinion.

In my opinion there is not a GM in the league who would consider that trade for even a moment... well maybe the Knicks or some dog **** franchise, but certainly no one who wants to win anything.

Bridges is going to be 1st team defense this year and we just absolutely abused Sabonis on that end of the court. Not only did we abuse him but it was clear our strategy to specifically target Sabonis and score against him.

One of the best wing defenders in the entire league who is also a 40% three point shooter verses a big who struggles to defend inside or outside and does not stretch the defense.

I don't dislike Sabonis, I think there are plenty of teams who he could fill a need for... but we are not one of them. Turner... we could use, he can defend multiple positions and he is a better outside shooter than Sabonis.

But the idea of adding a big man we don't need at all at the expense of our best wing defender (not only our best but one of the best few in the entire league) makes no sense.

I love Cam Johnson but the notion that we'd be okay with him and Booker as, literally, our only true wing players on the entire roster AND as our only true wing defenders is bat **** crazy.
I am on your side on this one.

Muggz

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Bridges is above his career averages in almost everything. No he hasn't taken the next step yet but if we trade him we lose alot more than just Mikal.
He is a HUGE part of the family vibe we have going on here. We're the best team in the league and that chemistry is the main reason.

So yeah lets make a useless trade for a player who just isn't better than Mikal skill wise and Culture wise. What happens when he gets here and cant work with ball hogs like CP3 Book and Ayton. What if they cant figure out how to get points without CP3 spoon feeding them. Mikal gets his own shots mostly and can be a lock down defender.

Any trade involving Mikal (and what we could realistically get back) is just asinine.

DANCE WITH THE ONE THAT BROUGHT YOU.

Hoop Head

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Unless we can bring in a Super Star then JJ should hang up on anyone asking for Mikal. There are plenty of All-Stars I wouldn't trade him for and the ones I would aren't worth discussing because its unrealistic.

cheesebeef

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bridges is above his career averages in almost everything. No he hasn't taken the next step yet but if we trade him we lose alot more than just Mikal.
He is a HUGE part of the family vibe we have going on here. We're the best team in the league and that chemistry is the main reason.

So yeah lets make a useless trade for a player who just isn't better than Mikal skill wise and Culture wise. What happens when he gets here and cant work with ball hogs like CP3 Book and Ayton. What if they cant figure out how to get points without CP3 spoon feeding them. Mikal gets his own shots mostly and can be a lock down defender.

Any trade involving Mikal (and what we could realistically get back) is just asinine.

DANCE WITH THE ONE THAT BROUGHT YOU.
Yeah... I wouldn’t trade him for Sabonis because I don’t think Sabonis is a great fit.

That said the comment “Bridges gets his own shots” couldn’t be further from the truth. He is COMPLETELY dependent on others setting him up outside the rare (and gettingvrarer) cut the basket.

Bridges ain’t untouchable. But it needs to be for that right piece.

Finito

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
We are going to need scoring if we realistically want to compete for a championship.