Sign Emmit Asap

Diggity

Registered
Reaction score
I personally feel that if anything is to happen this off-season it begins with him. He's a leader, and knows what it takes to reach a superbowl, something the Cards have no clue about. Signing him will also be a huge positive in signing a QB. We already have the line and with him a QB will see that the running game is in safe hands with Emmitt and Marcel respectively. He's already wrote his ticket to the Hall of fame and has the rings. He shouldn't be too concerned about $$ for he is already set in that department as well. I would say that we should sign him and overpay for him if necessary. I love Shipp but with Emmitt our ground game will be viewed as a potential dominant force. Maybe then QB's such as Blake will see that with this line protecting him and the personal satisfaction of handing the ball off to Emmitt Smith would be worth signing for. Right now no-one sees the Cardinals as a place they want to play for. So someone has to start the trend of coming here and I personally feel Emmitt is the best guy to do that for us.

RedStorm

Next NY Gov
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thing is Graves was hoping to show Emmitt that we have made a committment to winning. That got our hopes up. Ed even quoted Graves as evidence that something would have happened by Friday last week. (Ed, please correct me.)

But, what can Graves show Emmitt that communicates we are committed to winning? Three offers? No Signings? And, so far, what we are hearing is that those FAs that we have targeted are taking less money to not play here......

I hope Graves watches magic shows because he will need some of it when trying to convince Emmitt that we have a plan and are building a winner...

I think Graves only plan is to draft and build using the young talent. If that is the case then our 1st round draft pick best not miss one bit of camp. Not one bit for as long as Graves has "His Plan". He has as much said that 1) It will take a long time to fix this mess we are in adn 2) that we should not discount McCown just be cause he is young.

BradMannTX

Puh-shaw
Reaction score
Montgomery, TX -- Birthplace of the Texas Flag!
Uargh!

All I envision with E. Smith coming here is the Buddy Ryan days. Need I say more? No? Well, I will anyway...

Bunch of washup vets coming here to ride the train...to nothing. The more washups I see coming here, the worse the season will be. One Emmitt brings other "Emmitts," next thing we know, we're the Raiders, sans talent and gun-toting fans.

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
I can live with Colvin signing elsewhere.

I can't live with signing Emmitt and poisoning Shipp's attitude, not to mention attracting more Cowboy fans to SDS, which is absolutely the LAST thing we need.

Don't even try to convince yourself that Cowboy fans will turn into Cardinal fans because we sign Emmitt. It will NEVER EVER EVER happen. No way in hell. No chance, at all, what-so-ever.

RedStorm

Next NY Gov
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't even try to convince yourself that Cowboy fans will turn into Cardinal fans because we sign Emmitt. It will NEVER EVER EVER happen. No way in hell. No chance, at all, what-so-ever.

Preach it brother....AMEN....

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
If the Cards had signed Emmitt with a bunch off other guys I would have thought highly of Graves. Now, if we sign Emmitt at all, I will be even more pissed. "Oh, look at what we did."

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh please if there is any chance in heaven dear god do not let us sign Emmitt Smith???

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
Originally posted by Shane H
Oh please if there is any chance in heaven dear god do not let us sign Emmitt Smith???

:thumbup:

No doubt. This will not make me happy, at all.

Signing Emmitt is one of the absolute worst ideas I have ever heard for this franchise. Seriously. This is a disaster waiting to happen.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by SECTION 11
:thumbup:

No doubt. This will not make me happy, at all.

Signing Emmitt is one of the absolute worst ideas I have ever heard for this franchise. Seriously. This is a disaster waiting to happen.

You definately wont get any argument from me. I really wonder if people that want Emmitt here have watched him play the last 2 years.

azsports

Veteran
Reaction score
Colvin was the only F/A out there I wanted us to sign, other than our own, and now he is gone. It sucks to be a Cardinal Fan.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It's the saturday night live-----Cardinals Jepoardy

Final Jepoardy

Just sign anybody....l
Just scribble down a name....an amount...and sign him
If you just scribble down a name you win.

Cards Response:

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Can Emmitt rush the passer? If so then sign him now. If not, screw him.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Originally posted by AZCB34
Can Emmitt rush the passer? If so then sign him now. If not, screw him.

He's gotta be better than alton moore