Sicario

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks good. Saw the poster in the theater just yesterday. Watched the trailer today.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sicario

Release Date: September 18, 2015 (limited; wide: Sept. 25)
Studio: Lionsgate
Director: Denis Villeneuve
MPAA Rating: R (for strong violence, grisly images, and language)
Screenwriter: Taylor Sheridan
Genre: Drama, Action

Starring: Emily Blunt, Benicio Del Toro, Josh Brolin, Victor Garber, Jon Bernthal

Plot Summary: In Mexico, "Sicario" means hitman.

In the lawless border area stretching between the U.S. and Mexico, an idealistic FBI agent (Emily Blunt) is enlisted by an elite government task force official (Josh Brolin) to aid in the escalating war against drugs.

Led by an enigmatic consultant with a questionable past (Benicio Del Toro), the team sets out on a clandestine journey forcing Kate to question everything that she believes in order to survive.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
OMG! where does this take place? Juarez, Mexico? I grew up 45 minutes from there....
Only part of it does, not sure about the rest of the Mexico parts do. Most of it actually takes place in AZ.

The opening scene of "Chandler, AZ" is quite funny if you know what Chandler actually looks like. This is one of those movies that gives AZ a bad name perception-wise.

Saw it tonight. Meh. Only cost $5.99 to rent.
I liked it, but it wasn't as good as I thought it would be. The segments individually are pretty good, but as a whole? I'm on the fence. It's a fairly slow paced movie though.

I did like the score during the suspense parts was pretty kick-ass. Some of it is in the trailer.

Last edited:

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I enjoyed the Josh Brolin character big time. Emily Blunt character aggravated the living.... out of me.

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I watched a little over a half of this and turned it off. It was way too slow, even though the action parts were cool. I thought it would be action the entire way through

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Emily Blunt's character came off waaaay too whiny. Josh Brolin and Benicio Del Toro were fantastic. I agree with what someone said about the score during some of the scenes, very intense.

This is not a movie I would buy.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They're making a sequel to this called 'Soldado'... I only know because
they had me come out to bid putting some doors in that are large enough
for a helicopter....

Spoiler alert... there'll be a helicopter in the movie!!!

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Finally got around to seeing this. I enjoyed it, but man, was the awful writing for Blunt misogynistic AF! It would have been way more interesting (and less misogynistic) to see a hard-nosed MALE FBI agent totally break down like a little girl in the face of the new 'world' they find themselves in. Instead the tough female lead is turned into a sniveling little nothing. What a waste of a great talent!

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
I enjoyed the Josh Brolin character big time. Emily Blunt character aggravated the living.... out of me.

Yeah, Brolin's character was great. The pace didn't bother me, but I agree with all the comments about Blunt's character being annoying.