SI on What Stopped a Rosen Deal

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
According SI, Keim didn't start trying to move Rosen in earnest until just before the draft and wanted a 1st round pick.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.si...s-josh-rosen-no-draft-night-trade-first-round

Miami Herald is reporting they wanted a top 16 pick for Rosen.

I don't know why Keim would think we were getting a mid round 1st or wait until the last minute to get a deal.
What a moran! Everybody in the professional sports world was saying Murray was the pick and he decides to wait til the last minute. Keim is as slick as fly paper.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What a moran! Everybody in the professional sports world was saying Murray was the pick and he decides to wait til the last minute. Keim is as slick as fly paper.
Because rumor had it that Murray wouldn't sign a no-baseball clause until an hour or so before the draft. We wouldn't have drafted him otherwise.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
The only reason I felt Rosen was staying was because Keim wasn’t actively shopping him nor was he countering trade offers. Now he has no leverage and is going to get pennies on the dollar due to his incompetence and lack of foresight.

If Murray was your guy for months, why wait so long to shop him? As Mark Schlereth said yesterday, taking Murray was the worst-kept secret in the NFL.

By itself, drafting Murray was
a colossal mistake. Compound that with how Keim and co. handled Josh Rosen makes it a failure of epic proportions.

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Just shows what an idiot Keim and this FO are. I was on record as saying Keim and the FO were too stupid to carry out an elaborate smokescreen for the first pick. It looks like they basically outsmarted themselves trying to carry on the charade that they weren't drafting Murray. All this BS about the no baseball clause is just them trying to save face.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Because rumor had it that Murray wouldn't sign a no-baseball clause until an hour or so before the draft. We wouldn't have drafted him otherwise.
So you negotiate a framework for a deal even if not ready to pull the trigger.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
As a friend, who is a salesman, told me that when you are trying to move a product, it's very hard to make chicken salad out of chicken s... .

So Rosen gets rushed into action because a high priced veteran flops,injuries destroy the OLINE,and WRS ,THE OC was a idiot,The HC was a gerbil,Chickensh*t playcalling,street , UDFA OLINE trying to protect him ,a defense that can`t hold a lead and after all that Rosen struggles thru the season,never bitching,bailing or quitting and flashes some good talent at times and after all that he is now called lousy by fans that can`t see past their noses.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
So Rosen gets rushed into action because a high priced veteran flops,injuries destroy the OLINE,and WRS ,THE OC was a idiot,The HC was a gerbil,Chickensh*t playcalling,street , UDFA OLINE trying to protect him ,a defense that can`t hold a lead and after all that Rosen struggles thru the season,never bitching,bailing or quitting and flashes some good talent at times and after all that he is now called lousy by fans that can`t see past their noses.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Sounds like Murray is really dedicated to football. JFC.

And Keim was blasted (again) out past last call just last weekend per a few folks I know. So I am betting the lack of legwork on this matter isn't just on Murray's contract situation.

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This is ridiculous. They knew they wanted Murray all along. They should have been shopping Rosen for weeks. I am all for Murray, but this might be the dumbest move in a history of dumb moves.

TJ

Reaction score

Even though contracts are slotted, I wonder if we’ll see any hiccups in the language. The Titans had an issue getting Mariota to sign a no-surfing clause in his contract. This is that on a grander scale

TJ

Reaction score
That's probably why he looked so desperate for a phone call during the War room shots.
I didn’t watch the draft, but the interviews afterwards, Keim looked and sounded like s**t.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Again, what does a “no baseball clause” even mean? I’m not an attorney, but I know enough about contract law to know that even the NFL CBA doesn’t make you a literal slave. The Cards fan claw back his bonus if he leaves, but they don’t need any special language to make that happen.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose