Should Suns should follow Hornets plan?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Between being a fast typer and with autocorrect that is me in a nutshell. Plus I like to get my thoughts on paper so to speak before any proof reading. I just don’t catch things until after. Especially when autocorrect has changed things I didn’t notice. I know some people won’t finish a sentence until they proof read but that’s not me.

It’s weird though. Because I am in a leadership position at work I proof read the crap out of my emails before I send them out. Forums and social media? I just let it flow more like a conversation so I am nowhere near as meticulous.

I think the best thoughts come when their mind is allowed to flow freely. So I try to get my thoughts down as quickly as possible for content but invariably it needs editing.

You are right about emails. I read them and read them again for content. Some people do not proof their emails and they can come across with unintended consequences.

Errntknght

Reaction score
Thankfully, editing is easy... mistakes are much more visible after you've posted something...

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
@Yuma

What's your point with putting "I" inside my post?
As an observer, but a poster, I am trying to figure out if this refers to someone doing an FTFY or if it refers to something else.

In all these years, I have twice made a grammatical correction to someone's post when quoting it. But I decided to never do that again.

The post being quoted should stand as posted. It may be commented on, but you can't change history. 'Just an observation.

Unless I am misreading the post.

And I have to stop editing (correcting) my post after I posted it, which I have done a couple of times recently.

Posting etiquette.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And I have to stop editing (correcting) my post after I posted it, which I have done a couple of times recently.

Posting etiquette.

I don't have any problem with people fixing spelling or grammar in their posts after posting them.

When I post from my phone haste and auto-fill causes me to make mistakes that make me cringe later, such as the wrong usage of 'their, they're and there'. I twitch a little when I see others mix those up, when I post such a mistake myself... I cringe.

Recognizing an error and fixing it will help you not make the same mistake on the next go around.

Now, if someone were to go back and change a stance they took retrospectively... I'd consider that a big time no-no, obviously.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't have any problem with people fixing spelling or grammar in their posts after posting them.

When I post from my phone haste and auto-fill causes me to make mistakes that make me cringe later, such as the wrong usage of 'their, they're and there'. I twitch a little when I see others mix those up, when I post such a mistake myself... I cringe.

Recognizing an error and fixing it will help you not make the same mistake on the next go around.

Now, if someone were to go back and change a stance they took retrospectively... I'd consider that a big time no-no, obviously.

I don't either. I'm an I before E screw-up. I frequently type it incorrectly and then usually have to post edit. I know the rule, I even know the exceptions but my fingers are faster than my brain these days. But if someone has already responded to my post, I tend to add a line prefaced by EDIT so that it doesn't look like the responder did something to my original post.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As an observer, but a poster, I am trying to figure out if this refers to someone doing an FTFY or if it refers to something else.

In all these years, I have twice made a grammatical correction to someone's post when quoting it. But I decided to never do that again.

The post being quoted should stand as posted. It may be commented on, but you can't change history. 'Just an observation.

Unless I am misreading the post.

Posting etiquette.

I never edit the post of someone else. IMO, it's presumptuous.

If someone does a FTFY to me as long as the change is obvious, clear and done in fun, I don't make a fuss.

I do edit the grammar of my own post or add a brief comment in the couple minutes allowed to improve the content. I never do it to change meaning.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA