Should Suns should follow Hornets plan?

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
On going back to the 90’s court design?

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

You must be registered for see images attach

Also scrap our current crap tactic uniforms.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The black court was the worst ever. Anything other than that is fine.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I'd be fine with that if they went with the original lettering at the baselines that was a little classier.

And they should just go back to the damn Western Font jerseys. Those were tight.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Our new uniforms are great.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
I'd be fine with that if they went with the original lettering at the baselines that was a little classier.

And they should just go back to the damn Western Font jerseys. Those were tight.

Amen to that.
:cheers:

Too bad sports teams are pumping out three new jerseys every year to rake in the cash. Except some of them. Why can't we be them?

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I actually really liked the jerseys we had just 2 years ago, all they needed to do was swap out all the black for purple and they would have been incredible. Oh, and get rid of that stupid butt stripe.

But yes, the black court we had around the same time was hideous.

This thing... so damn ugly. Looked way worse in person, super depressing. Like a bad halloween decoration.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love the black jerseys. They are my favorite. Court wise? Meh....I don't pay much attention to the court design. As long as they don't bring back the short shorts I am good.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Amen to that.

Too bad sports teams are pumping out three new jerseys every year to rake in the cash. Except some of them. Why can't we be them?

Those purples were the best!

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
And I wish they go back to the vibrant orange and purple. The muted versions they use now are blah. Don’t see the Lakers muting their purple or gold. Don’t see the bulls moving to a brick red. Don’t see the Celtics moving to a pine green.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
This is 100% Sarver. He wanted to distance his tenure as far from the Colangelos as possible. That's why it took 16 years or however long it's been to actually go back to an all purple jersey.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is 100% Sarver. He wanted to distance his tenure as far from the Colangelos as possible. That's why it took 16 years or however long it's been to actually go back to an all purple jersey.

God I hate Sarver. I grew up the Suns were the purple gang from Phoenix. Purple was the Suns that whole planet Orange thing made me sick

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Amen to that.

I don't get it. It's not like teams haven't gone back to originals before. Remember those AWFUL teal Pistons jerseys? Detroit realized they were hideous and went back to their originals. Why can't we do the same? Those jerseys above are simple, with a dash of western style.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
I don't get it. It's not like teams haven't gone back to originals before. Remember those AWFUL teal Pistons jerseys? Detroit realized they were hideous and went back to their originals. Why can't we do the same? Those jerseys above are simple, with a dash of western style.
That is a good point. We and the Texas teams are the Southwest/Old West.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love the black jerseys. They are my favorite. Court wise? Meh....I don't pay much attention to the court design. As long as they don't bring back the short shorts I am good.

I agree with you up to your final point. I can't help it, I prefer short shorts. Although it's just before "my time", I even danced to a Royal Teens tune that asked that all important question "who wears short shorts". I'm sure a few of the old dudes here even know the answer. :)

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
I agree with you up to your final point. I can't help it, I prefer short shorts. Although it's just before "my time", I even danced to a Royal Teens tune that asked that all important question "who wears short shorts". I'm sure a few of the old dudes here even know the answer. :)
"We wear short shorts." (The girls, of course.) :)

OP
OP
GatorAZ

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

Uniforms in the 90’s were bizarre.

Worst goes too...

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Uniforms in the 90’s were bizarre.

Worst goes too...

yeah... those Cavs uni's took the cake.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Amen to that.

I miss these uniforms (not the shortness). My favorite jerseys are the pre 1992 home PHX jerseys and both the inaugural home and away Charlotte pin stripe jerseys.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I actually really liked the jerseys we had just 2 years ago, all they needed to do was swap out all the black for purple and they would have been incredible. Oh, and get rid of that stupid butt stripe.

This thing... so damn ugly. Looked way worse in person, super depressing. Like a bad halloween decoration.

That court Gator AZ

The ones with grey in key? Not sure what they were thinking during those years?

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I actually liked the black court design in person but not on TV. I think the more dark colors the better, either black or purple should be the dominate color, preferably purple. I do think the jersey's are improving. Last year's were better than they've been in a while. The purple road jersey's were particularly nice.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I actually liked the black court design in person but not on TV. I think the more dark colors the better, either black or purple should be the dominate color, preferably purple. I do think the jersey's are improving. Last year's were better than they've been in a while. The purple road jersey's were particularly nice.

I like what we have now, I just think the set we had right before this had real potential if they'd just refined them a little. Like swapping out the black trim and lettering for orange or purple, getting rid of that weird butt strip... and probably do something different with that graphic on the side of the shorts that looked like wings made of razor blades.

OP
OP
GatorAZ

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I like what we have now, I just think the set we had right before this had real potential if they'd just refined them a little. Like swapping out the black trim and lettering for orange or purple, getting rid of that weird butt strip... and probably do something different with that graphic on the side of the shorts that looked like wings made of razor blades.

Our current home jerseys are trash. The road purple are decent but the throwbacks are fresh. Should go back to 80’s or 90’s full time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA