Should it be CB Newsome or CB Farley at #16?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You’re talking about a KID who already lost his MOTHER two years earlier. If you don’t think that would make a kid cling closer to his father, especially at a time when a pandemic is killing thousands of people a day, I can only question your priorities re: your relationship with your own parents, not his.

My priorities are looking after family.

The difference between going 10th or 20th is around 35%, or $6 million. That sets my family for life.

I can protect my Dad better and make more money by not seeing him for 5 months. So damn right that's what I'd do and my dad would say the same.

But I'm not judging him for his decision despite your needless attack.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I think Cheese was primarily telling me his opinion and not so much that he knew it for a fact. But I agree with you that it is kind of like a hybrid. Like best player available at a position of need. I think we mean the same.
I think the vast majority of arguments on this board are people talking just slight degrees past each other.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
My priorities are looking after family.

The difference between going 10th or 20th is around 35%, or $6 million. That sets my family for life.

I can protect my Dad better and make more money by not seeing him for 5 months. So damn right that's what I'd do and my dad would say the same.

But I'm not judging him for his decision despite your needless attack.
You didn’t judge him, you just cooked up a conspiracy theory that he was hiding something.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Or take Vera Tucker and set the offensive line

If I'm Keim, I'm looking to make Murray as comfortable and happy as possible. He is the franchise, and the franchise is saying give me OL or give me a quality defender.

As I said elsewhere earlier, I want a good football player more than anything else.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You didn’t judge him, you just cooked up a conspiracy theory that he was hiding something.

Did I? Where?

I simply covered a bunch of issues that individually would put me off drafting him that high. Opting out wasn't one of them but losing a year of play was.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
He doesn't have to though does he?

He has the option of saying "This is a big year for me Dad. I need to prove I'm not an injury risk. I need more than 2 years of tape at CB. So I'm going to play and stay at school for 5 months and not come home".

Colleges will let athletes stay in dorms over breaks. Especially last year. So he could have done that. So it feels like an excuse to me. And considering he made the decision after turning up for camp and that he just had back surgery it feels more than possible he may have used the whole thing as cover for a lingering injury concern no?
Here’s your “he may have been hiding something” post

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Here’s your “he may have been hiding something” post

Again. Not a conspiracy to deduce its possible that a guy with a serious injury history might use opt out as a cover to mask ongoing injury concerns.

Especially when said guy pulls out of their pro day 3 days before when they have had ages to have that surgery.

That's absolutely a possibility. I'm not saying it's the reality but it's something anyone should consider with the available information.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I've been hearing that is harder to move back due to the Covid factor.

Many teams would like to trade out and receive compensation in next years draft because many college teams didn't play a full season or any season at all making it harder to get a good evaluation of players.

In addition because teams aren't able to get there hands on the players, workouts, medical evals, face to face interviews, that many would feel more comfortable with picks in next years draft which would hopefully be more like a normal year with normal evaluations.

All these things contribute to making it harder to trade back since a lot of teams are leery of giving up compensation from next years draft class. All in all it just makes it harder to do deals.
You are accurate that it will be tough. Why I think Keim will look to move up as well.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Ironic

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
It’s pretty nuts how pervasive it is. My 9 year old was sent home from school yesterday bc he was exposed in class last Thursday and now has to quarantine for 2 weeks. It hasn’t disappeared yet.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose