Sherdrick Bonner

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
He will return to the Rattlers for one more season. He is 38 and this will be his 15th season in the AFL. He's coming back to win another championship and I wish him the best. He has been one of the greatest AFL QB's ever and he deserves to finish his career off strong.

Bonner returning for 15th season with Rattlers
By Darren Urban, Tribune
July 20, 2006
Quarterback Sherdrick Bonner has decided to return for a 15th season with the Arizona Rattlers. The Rattlers have scheduled a press conference for Friday about a “major football-related announcement.”

Arena Football League sources confirm it is to say Bonner is coming back. He is expected to sign a one-year contract.

Bonner, who turns 38 in October, has contemplated retirement for the past couple of years and recently moved to Colorado with his wife. But he remains one of the top quarterbacks in the AFL, throwing for 3,991 yards, 83 touchdowns and 16 interceptions last season.

The Rattlers started 0-3 in 2006 but rallied to finish 8-8 and clobbered Utah in a wild-card playoff win before falling to San Jose in a conference semifinal game.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
I like Bonner, he graduated from the same college I did...CSUN...football team no longer exists.

OP
OP
N

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
I like Bonner also. I hope he can win with the Rattlers one more time. It's cool that you went to the same college.

Angel

Registered
Reaction score
I too am thrilled that Sed is coming back, the day he hangs up his Rattler uniform for good will be a strange one for long time fans. My daughters literally grew up watching him play and have many great stories about him explaining the game to them during the meet & greets after each home game. The oldest still gets a smile on her face when she talks about the time he answered her questions about crowd noise and he called her ma'am, she was 10, he has always been a gentleman in the eyes of his fans.

Buried within all the stories celebrating the return I read this...

"A Rattlers source confirmed that long-time Rattlers lineman Mark Tucker will retire and become the team’s offensive line coach. . . ."

Mr. Tucker, a long time favorite of mine, will be missed on the field where he came every game and played and I am happy to learn that we will not be losing his commitment to the sport completely and wish him success in his coaching career, but dang Mark you will be missed. :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose