Shelter in Place Talk - FIght the boredom

Discussion in 'Everything Else' started by Zeno, Apr 2, 2020.

1. Ronin

Ronin Registered

Is the ”last of us 2” the only video game being sold right now?
    #mydadwatchesespnalldalong #yeshedoes

2. Zeno

Zeno Ancient

We had a freak storm rip through my area on Friday. Ripped up trees--had a couple of 15+ foot sections in my backyard, tore down some overhead utility lines and my neighbor down the street had the back window on their van shatter from a branch. We were lucky in that nothing was damaged but our trees but it sure was not fun cutting up branches in 90 degrees with humidity hovering around 90% this weekend. I am a wimp when it comes to humidity and I've lived in some pretty humid environments--Okinawa, North Carolina, Tennessee, Coastal Georgia but I've never gotten used to it.

Ronin likes this.
  3. Ronin

Ronin Registered

I picked up Chick-fil-a for brunch.

Found out that my 2 1/2 year old wrx went over 50,000 miles on the way to chick-fil-a. Yipee.

4. Zeno

Zeno Ancient

One of my favorite places don't go there often enough.

I have to go to the UPS store today, I packed up a bunch of CDs, DVDs, books, games to Decluttr--you don't make much from selling to them but it's better than nothing. You scan in the barcodes (or manually put the item in) and then it gives you an offer, once you are done with everything they email you shipping labels.

What I have left in books I plan to bring to Half Price Books to sell. I read a lot and have a ton of books just taking up space.

My CDs that are left are going to CD Exchange, assuming they ever send me the shipping label like their site says they will.

Ronin likes this.
  5. Ronin

Ronin Registered

6. Zeno

Zeno Ancient

Called Half Price Books today and with the pandemic going on you can only sell books there by appointment. I am off Friday and have an appt then, I have around 50-60 books to sell. I am guessing I won't get much but at least I will get a little and someone else will get a chance to read them as opposed to if I just threw them out or held on to them forever.

CD Exchange still hasn't emailed me back with my shipping label. I have over 180 CDs waiting to ship their way (almost 50 lbs), not that they pay much either (.25 a CD).

7. puckhead

puckhead Waxing Gibbous Contributor

Do you have the CD list handy? I bet I could do better than a quarter a pop even accounting for shipping.

cardncubfan and Jersey Girl like this.
  8. Jersey Girl

Jersey Girl Stand down Contributor

Damn. Sorry to hear that.

I really like the dry heat in Arizona so much more than the humidity of Jersey. I think the worst humidity I experienced was in Florida in July. Just gross.

9. Jersey Girl

Jersey Girl Stand down Contributor

Watching Shazam. Drinking red wine. Thinking about a Dry July since this pandemic has me eating and drinking too much.

10. Zeno

Zeno Ancient

No CD list, they give .25 regardless of title/artist. If you have some artists you are looking for let me know. Most of them are from the mid-late 90's, mostly alternative stuff.

11. Zeno

Zeno Ancient

I used to have to break up mowing my lawn in Georgia, we lived near a marsh (our housing development was called Dunham Marsh) and the humidity was a killer. I'd mow half my front yard--go inside hydrate, recover and then go out and do the rest. I have a larger yard here but a riding mower makes things MUCH easier.

12. puckhead

Humidity is so awful. I remember summers in Kansas where I would be sweating in the shower. The mosquitoes didn't seem to mind it, though.

cardncubfan likes this.
  13. puckhead

I like alt rock. There was a ton of great stuff in the '90's. All the Seattle stuff, grunge, metal, hard rock. Not too much into Emo but the Mrs likes some of that. Maybe snap a photo of your collection if you get a chance because I still love CD's.

14. Zeno

Zeno Ancient

Got most of the Seattle stuff, Nirvana, Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, Mother Love Bone, Alice in Chains, STP...other non "Seattle" stuff NIN, Morphine, Janes Addiction, Depeche Mode, Duran Duran, Blondie, Bowie, The Doors, Black Crowes...lots of stuff. A pic wouldn't be too helpful because I have them sitting in boxes, waiting for CD Exchange to respond (thinking they may not now).

15. puckhead

I like nearly everyone on your list! Good taste, my man!

Any idea what it would cost to ship?