Shelby Miller Idea

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Why not replace Salas with Shelby in the bullpen for the rest of the season? He seems to do alright in the first 20-40 pitches ...he could end up being a solid reliever and then let him get back in the rotation next season. Just a thought. But I think his stuff could play up big time for an inning and give us a 6-9th inning relief team that could dominate

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Why not replace Salas with Shelby in the bullpen for the rest of the season? He seems to do alright in the first 20-40 pitches ...he could end up being a solid reliever and then let him get back in the rotation next season. Just a thought. But I think his stuff could play up big time for an inning and give us a 6-9th inning relief team that could dominate
That is what I'm hoping for. Except for considering him part of the starting rotation next season.

If he cannot go back to his couple of low ERA years before joining the D-backs, he's not helping us.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score

Not a bad idea. Also, replace Godley with Koch. Then at that point I think our starters are set when Buck comes back.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Miller gives up 5 runs in 5 1/3 innings and his ERA is 9.00 since coming back. The D-backs are down 6-1 in the 7th.

He and Godley are killing us as 2/5 of the starting rotation.

Nice pep talk by the Skipper about the greatness that they "know" is in there. But Miller has never shown greatness. It is not realistic to set unreasonable goals.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson