Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That looks really good but I feel like they showed way too much in that trailer.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Took the family over the weekend. We enjoyed it. Not great but definitely a fun watch. I have to be honest though. Knowing all the turmoil in DC, not really knowing what is coming, going or how it will all work out?

Kind of took something out of the movie for me. Even the cameo.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I said it earlier. Why do I give a crap about this,.the flash, and Aquaman knowing there are zero stakes, repercussions, or future impact.

I will watch it on HBO Max

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I said it earlier. Why do I give a crap about this,.the flash, and Aquaman knowing there are zero stakes, repercussions, or future impact.

You’re making assumptions here that you don’t know are fact.

They apparently re-shot the stinger to put characters from Peacemaker in it, which is James Gunn’s baby that is moving forward. Gunn also said Gadot isn’t out of the DCEU despite online chatter assuming so. And they kept her cameo in here which could have easily been cut.

And the only reason anyone should have wanted to see The Flash would be because Michael Keaton’s in it as old Batman. That hasn’t changed.

Aquaman… yeah, I got nothing there.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score

They apparently re-shot the stinger to put characters from Peacemaker in it, which is James Gunn’s baby that is moving forward. Gunn also said Gadot isn’t out of the DCEU despite online chatter assuming so. And they kept her cameo in here which could have easily been cut.

And the only reason anyone should have wanted to see The Flash would be because Michael Keaton’s in it as old Batman. That hasn’t changed.

So then, why would I want to go watch any of these when it appears that Gunn is continuing in the WB's tradition of mismanaging DC?

It makes no sense how he's getting rid of some people but not others. Letting Cavill and Momoa go while keeping Miller and Gadot is inane. That's not a reset. He's pulling a Keim move here. Letting the top talent go and then trying to plug holes with 1989's over the hill Batman. ;)

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Holy spoilers Batman lol

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score

It appears the Rock nixed using characters from "his movie" 3 days before it was about to be shot which left the production scrambling to use other characters. Zachery Levi seems to confirm the story out there.

Dwayne Johnson seems to be buying into his own press. He tried to spinoff his own franchise in F&F for himself alienated the original cast, changed the origin story of Black Adam seemingly because he was afraid to be a villain, nixed crossovers between Black Adam & Shazam and now this.

I don't know about you all but it sure seems like Dwayne Johnson is becoming a douche bag fast and furiously.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It appears the Rock nixed using characters from "his movie" 3 days before it was about to be shot which left the production scrambling to use other characters. Zachery Levi seems to confirm the story out there.

Dwayne Johnson seems to be buying into his own press. He tried to spinoff his own franchise in F&F for himself alienated the original cast, changed the origin story of Black Adam seemingly because he was afraid to be a villain, nixed crossovers between Black Adam & Shazam and now this.

I don't know about you all but it sure seems like Dwayne Johnson is becoming a douche bag fast and furiously.

I mean this is indicative of a lack of leadership in Warner Brothers so it's good that they have a pair running it now.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I mean this is indicative of a lack of leadership in Warner Brothers so it's good that they have a pair running it now.
That's a seperate issue when you let the patients run the asylum. However, it appears Rock has a massive ego problem as well.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
That's a seperate issue when you let the patients run the asylum. However, it appears Rock has a massive ego problem as well.

Generally part of the wrestling way. The entire industry is built on competition and behind ahead/above. He grew up with it all his life.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I think Star Wars is about the only thing left that will entice me into a theater these days. Everything looks and sounds amazing in my home without any of the cost/hassle associated with the movie-plex-travaganza.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Yeah I’ve seen all this too. He’s coming off real bad

Beaver

Maximum Effort
Reaction score
Wife and I took my 6 year old to see this. Regal Cinemas, they apparently no longer list the movie on top of the theatre entrance. We are sitting there and the previews begin. The first one is red band Evil Dead and I cover my son's eyes a quarter the way through. The second trailer is red band Sesu, or something like that, where nazis are blowing up and blood is flying everywhere. My wife and I are looking at each other like WTF, why are they playing these rated R previews in a PG-13 movie! Then the movie starts and we are actully sitting in the John Wick 4 theatre 7 and Shazam was in theater 2. After seeing parts of the Evil Dead trailer, my son said he wanted to go home and later admitted he was scared to sit in the dark room. $57 down the drain. Last time I let me wife lead haha

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose