Shamorie Ponds

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
watching my hoyas against St. John’s today. This Ponds kid looks really good. He’s not big, 6’1 175lbs but the commentators are comparing him to Nick Van exel. Maybe someone we should start paying attention to . . .

21.6pts, 4.7 assists, 5 rebounds. His 3% is down this season (was 38% last year) but he’s lead SJU to a 13-1 record so far and he’s canning 3s today. Just another name to throw out there.

ColdPickleNachos

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
watching my hoyas against St. John’s today. This Ponds kid looks really good. He’s not big, 6’1 175lbs but the commentators are comparing him to Nick Van exel. Maybe someone we should start paying attention to . . .

21.6pts, 4.7 assists, 5 rebounds. His 3% is down this season (was 38% last year) but he’s lead SJU to a 13-1 record so far and he’s canning 3s today. Just another name to throw out there.

Good call. He's been on my radar since last year, when he scored even more points per game. So far, he's improved his efficiency this year, which was my biggest concern.

I think you're looking at last year's stats btw. His 3 point % is back up this year. Assists are up and turnovers are down.

He doesn't seem to get much love in a lot of draft circles, probably because of his size/age combo, but I'm a fan.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I was just about to ask the last time G-Town was relevant but remembered they went to the F4 in 07’. That’s 6 years after Arizona’s last one. My answer was going to be...

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Good call. He's been on my radar since last year, when he scored even more points per game. So far, he's improved his efficiency this year, which was my biggest concern.

I think you're looking at last year's stats btw. His 3 point % is back up this year. Assists are up and turnovers are down.

He doesn't seem to get much love in a lot of draft circles, probably because of his size/age combo, but I'm a fan.
Oops got years backwards. Looks even better.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Don't know much about him but gosh I love how the new generation of NBA players have such original names. From Zion Williamson to Bol Bol and now Shamorie Ponds...I love it!